How to Delete Reviews From App Store Instantly
Do you want to delete a review from an app store? Reviews certainly have a huge influence on a person's opinion. Unfortunately, negative or misleading reviews can make users shy away from a particular app. This doesn't just cause a poor reputation for the creator but leads to app creators missing out on revenue.
For this reason, most app creators want to know what steps they can take to delete negative reviews, especially if those reviews are unwarranted or fake. Unfortunately, most app stores do not allow creators to delete negative reviews to ensure that there is full transparency on the platform. This means that creators must either allow the negative reviews to stay or go through a more complex process to get them removed.
Here at DoNotPay, we want to make it easier for you to delete negative reviews from an app store. Whether your app is on Android or iOS, DoNotPay has you covered. Read on to learn what options you have when it comes to deleting a negative review from an app store, and why DoNotPay is the best solution for deleting reviews on any platform.
Can I Delete a Fake Review on an App Store?
Deleting reviews from an app store typically isn't a simple process. Your options for deleting a fake review for both android and iOS apps are explained in the table below.
|How to Delete a Review for Android||Do you have an app available on Android and need to delete a fake review? Unfortunately, app creators are not able to delete fake reviews on their apps.
Although you cannot delete a fake review on the Google Play Store, you can report reviews as spam to try and get them removed.
|How to Delete on iOS||Do you have an app available on iOS and need to delete a fake review? Similar to the Google Play Store, app creators are unable to delete fake reviews on their apps.
Although you cannot delete reviews, you can report the review to Apple, who can look into the review and possibly remove it.
How to Report a Fake Review on the App Store
Regardless of whether your app is on the Google Play Store or Apple's App Store, the best way to get a fake review removed is to report it. Here are the steps you can take to report a fake review.
Reporting on an Android
- Open Play Console and select the "review" page. To navigate to the reviews page, select Quality > Ratings and Reviews > Reviews.
- Navigate to the review you want to report and select the flag icon.
Before reporting a review, there are a few important things to know:
- Google Play Store will only delete a review if it violates Google Play Comment Posting Policy.
- Your report will be reviewed by a specialist within a few business days.
- If the report was rejected, you won't be able to make a report again.
Reporting on iOS
- Go to the App store.
- Navigate to the particular app and click on "Ratings and Reviews".
- Find the review in question.
- To the right of the review, you will see "Was this review helpful? Yes | No | Report a Concern".
- Select "Report a Concern"
- Provide information as to why you're objecting and submit.
Before reporting a review, here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Your concern will be reviewed by an app store representative
- App moderators will remove reviews occasionally, but reviews are not easily removed
Extra Measures You Can Take if the App Store Does Not Delete Reviews
If you tried to delete a negative review and were unsuccessful, there are extra measures you can take to deal with the issue. Here are a few things you can do:
- Contact the disgruntled customer. One of the first things you can try to do is to contact the customer directly by responding to the review. If a customer has a genuine issue with your app, replying not only shows that you care, but can give other app users insight into how the problem will be solved.
- Email the platform. Another option is to email the platform to make a formal request. You can email the support team at Google Play Store, using this link. Apple does not have a listed email address. However, you can try to call the support team at (800)-692-7753
Successfully Delete Reviews With DoNotPay
Are you interested in deleting negative reviews for your app but don't have the time to do it on your own? Successfully deleting reviews for any platform is easy with the help of DoNotPay. In fact, we've helped delete negative reviews and photos from other popular platforms like:
If you're ready to get started, all you need to do is:
- Select which platform the review was posted on.
- Enter the url to the review and upload a photo to help us identify it.
- Indicate why you want to report the review and also provide a detailed description.
- And that's it! We'll report the review so that it gets investigated by the platform and taken down once they determine it's inappropriate.
Are you ready to get started? Sign up with DoNotPay today!