How to Delete Quora Account
Quora is a social platform that allows users to ask and answer questions. The platform aims to share knowledge with the world, but in order to participate, you need to create an account. Unfortunately, many users have old accounts they no longer use or want and need help figuring out .
Why Should You Delete an Old Quora Account?
In 2018, Quora was the victim of a data breach. The company announced that the personal information of about 100 million users had been . The attackers gained access to users':
- Email addresses
- Login credentials that were linked to social media accounts
- Encrypted passwords
- Posted questions, comments, and answers
If you have an old Quora account that you no longer use, deleting your account can help protect your personal information if there is another data breach. You may also want to delete your Quora account because you're tired of getting spam mail from them. Many people complain of receiving multiple Quora emails each day, which can clutter your inbox.
How Do I Delete My Quora Account?
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Deleting an account on Quora is a multi-step process. Here's how it works:
- Visit the website.
- Enter your username and password to log into your account.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right corner.
- From here, you can select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- At the bottom of the tab, you will find the option to either Deactivate or Delete your account.
- Click "Delete Account."
- Enter your password to confirm, and click "Done."
If you logged in using Google or Facebook, you will be directed to create an account password. Then, you will need to follow the first four steps all over again.
Snags You May Face When Deleting a Quora Account
Quora doesn't make it easy to delete your account. It's in their best interest for your account to stay active, so they force you to jump through hoops if you want to delete it.
When trying to delete an account, many users have issues with their accounts reactivating even after confirming their deletion. That's because it takes 14 days for an account to be deleted, and many users don't realize it.
Once you confirm that you want to delete your account, Quora will deactivate it for 14 days. If you login anytime during those 14 days, your account will automatically be reactivated, and you will need to go through all of the steps above again. After 14 days, your account will be permanently deleted along with all of the content associated with your account.
How to Delete a Quora Account Without a Password
To delete a Quora account, you must have your account password. If you lost or forgot your Quora password, you can request a new password to access your account and follow the steps above to delete your account. If you no longer have access to the email associated with your account, you may need to contact customer support for help.
How to Delete a Quora Account Without an Email Address
If you do not remember the email address associated with your account, you will need to contact Quora to delete account information.
How to Delete My Quora Account If I Can't Do It Myself
Quora makes it difficult to delete your account. If you don't remember your password or email, the DIY methods above may not work. Quora's support team may be able to help, but there's an easier way: DoNotPay.
DoNotPay takes the hassle out of deleting a Quora account. Why waste time going through the long and tedious process of deleting your account when someone else can do the hard work for you?
DoNotPay makes it easy to get Quora out of your life and inbox for good. DoNotPay can help recover passwords if you've forgotten how to log into your Quora account and cancel your Quora subscription quickly and easily.
How to Delete Old Accounts Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete a Quora Account?
DoNotPay streamlines and simplifies the process of deleting your Quora account. Sure, you can go through the steps above to delete the account yourself. But why waste your time?
- Easy: With DoNotPay, you don't have to go through a dozen steps to delete your account.
- Quick: Save time and let DoNotPay do the hard work for you. Your time is valuable. Spend it on something important – not deleting your Quora account.
- Reliable: DoNotPay has helped many other users delete their Quora accounts.
DoNotPay Helps You Delete Accounts Across All Companies with the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help with more than just deleting your Quora account. Their service works across all companies and platforms. You can use DoNotPay to delete your accounts with:
Whether you're looking to de-clutter your account list or protect your personal information, DoNotPay can help.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do so much more than just delete old or unwanted accounts across the web. You can also use their platform to:
Think of DoNotPay as your personal assistant, helping you manage your accounts and subscriptions with ease. Sign up today!