How to Delete Your iCloud Account The Easy Way
There'll always come a time when you get fed up with using an online service or account and want to delete it. That's quite normal. But it is the actual account or profile deletion process that's always the tricky part.
In this case, we discuss and remove all your data from the Apple account. Unfortunately, there isn't a Delete button that you can press to start the process. Like most online services such as Facebook or Instagram, deleting your iCloud account requires several processes.
This post highlights how to delete an iCloud account linked to your Apple ID and how DoNotPay can help.
Reasons for Deleting Your iCloud Account
Before we get to the meat of this post, let's first discuss the different factors that might prompt you to learn .
- Concerns about how your data is collected, stored and used
- Your account has been compromised
- You have another account.
- Bad experience using your iCloud account
- Want to stop using the account
You may want to delete or deactivate your iCloud account for various reasons. But whatever your reasons for wanting to delete your account, you should note that the process can sometimes be quite confusing and time-consuming.
How to Delete iCloud an Account by Yourself
Different online services like Amazon, Uber, or eHarmony all have specific steps you must follow when deleting your accounts with them. And the same applies when deleting your iCloud account.
However, you will find another option to deactivate your account instead, especially if you're not sure about deleting it. Who knows? You may change your mind in the future and want to keep your account instead. In such cases, deactivating your iCloud is the better option.
|Deleting Your iCloud||If you decide that you want to delete the iCloud account linked to your Apple ID, then you will lose access to several other services provided by Apple. These may include access to the Apple Store, data storage, iTunes purchases, iMessage conversations, subscriptions, and several other Apple services. Therefore, you must be sure that this is what you want before hitting that confirm button.
|Deactivating Your iCloud Account||As mentioned earlier, deactivating your iCloud account will be the better option if you're unsure whether to delete your iCloud. That's because deactivating your account only restricts access to Apple services and data.
However, it means that you can reactivate your account in the future without losing your history or purchases.
Deleting your iCloud account can take up to a week, allowing Apple to determine that the account holder is indeed the user making the account deletion request. You can still use your account before the waiting time elapses and your account is deleted permanently.
How to Delete iCloud Account With the Help of DoNotPay
From the steps above, you can see that deleting your iCloud account yourself isn't as straightforward as it may seem. And like other online services like PayPal, Gmail, or Yahoo!, there's always the likelihood that you will miss a step and have to start the process over. It can be stressful and time-consuming.
DoNotPay offers you a better solution and is a more effective method of deleting your iCloud account permanently and deleting your data on the Apple servers. You can trust the DoNotPay app to quickly, easily, and successfully remove all traces of your data on the Apple platform.
If you want to delete your iCloud account using the DoNotPay app, then simply follow these steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
The process is quite simple and quick. Plus, you can rest assured that your iCloud account will be deleted permanently.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete iCloud Account
DoNotPay provides you with a guaranteed method to delete your iCloud account. Below are other reasons why you should use DoNotPay to delete your iCloud account:
- Fast: the application processes your data quickly and initiates the account removal process in record time
- Easy: you never have to struggle following complex account deletion processes with the help of DoNotPay
- Successful: you will find several positive reviews from clients who have used DoNotPay to delete their online accounts successfully
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is the best service to help you delete your iCloud without too much hassle. But the application offers other services you can benefit from as well.
Here are other great deals you can get from using the DoNotPay service:
- How to delete a Gmail account
- Spam collector
- Item return requests
- Deleting AOL account
- Deleting Venmo account
- Appeal banned account
- File a complaint
- Free trials
Knowing how to delete your iCloud account is only half the work. The hard part is deleting your iCloud account successfully and removing your data from the Apple server. DoNotPay is your best bet at deleting your iCloud account quickly, easily, and successfully. Use the guaranteed option with DoNotPay.