How to Delete an Email Account on an iPhone
For many years now, Apple's iPhone has been a powerhouse, accounting for nearly half of the smartphones in use in the U.S. The phone provides several convenient functions, including the ability to sync several email accounts so you can receive all your emails through a single app. However, while it is simple to consult one app to read and respond to email, the simplicity fades a bit if your app is suddenly filled with spam from email addresses you never use. Learning how to delete your email account on iPhone is a way to clean up your mail app so that you're sure to see the correspondence that you need to, without wading through a lot of things you don't need to see. DoNotPay's Delete Accounts product can help you remove those email accounts from your iPhone.
Aside from deleting your email account on iPhone, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Reasons for Removing Email Accounts on Your iPhone
By learning how to delete your email account on iPhone, you can experience the following benefits:
- You will be less likely to use up the storage on your mail app, which can result in the app running slowly or even becoming locked up.
- You no longer have to see or risk others seeing emails on your phone associated with an account you no longer use.
- Your mail app will be more organized, meaning it is easier to see the emails that require review or response.
- Inactive accounts are targets for hackers and data breaches because they are seldom monitored. The personal data that a bad actor can get from an inactive account can later be used to steal your identity or gain access to other accounts in your possession.
How to Remove an Email Account on an iPhone
To remove an email account that is associated with your iPhone or its mail app, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Click on "Passwords and Accounts"
- Click on the email account you want to delete
- Click "Delete Account"
- Click "Delete from My iPhone" to confirm
Problems Encountered When Removing Email Accounts on an iPhone
While the instructions listed above seem easy, it is not unusual for people to encounter problems when attempting to delete an email account for an iPhone, such as:
- Different versions have slightly different ways of accessing the necessary screen. Whether the instructions listed above are correct for removing your email account depends on the iPhone version you have.
- It is difficult for most people to tell if they have removed the email from the phone or removed shortcut access to it while the email itself remains linked to the phone.
- For unknown technological reasons, even when users are using the correct process to delete the email account from their iPhone, the phone does not always complete the process.
- If you are unable to remove the account on your own, you can seek assistance from an iPhone community forum, or by emailing or chatting with iPhone customer service.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|Password Manager||You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.|
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.|
|Recovering Passwords||Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.|
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Remove an Email Account on an iPhone
DoNotPay has years of experience with customer service, helping people like you delete old accounts. By simply asking you a few questions and verifying your account ownership, we can send a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, requesting that your account and all associated personal data be deleted following your privacy rights.
In order to remove an email account from your iPhone using DoNotPay, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
That's it! We will take it from there, submitting the letter to your service provider and asking them to remove the email account and associated data from your iPhone. You can expect to hear back from the service provider directly via email for updates regarding the issue.
DoNotPay Helps With a Lot of Your Daily Tasks
For most of us, life is filled with hundreds of small tasks, such as deleting email accounts. Unfortunately, many of these tasks take a lot more time than necessary due to the research and assistance required in navigating technology. DoNotPay helps with many of these tasks, including deleting email and other online accounts, recovering passwords, paying traffic tickets, and much more.
Here is a list of just a few tasks DoNotPay can help you with:
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. city
To learn more, sign up or sign in to DoNotPay today!