How to Delete Discord Account Easily
Discord is an instant messaging, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and digital distribution platform that launched in 2015. For the first couple of years of its existence, Discord gained a lot of its popularity from the online gaming community. However, the platform's popularity exploded in 2020 as organizations sought affordable solutions for remote workers.
Unfortunately, Discord's success has made it a target of hackers, scammers, human traffickers, cyberbullies, and other negativity. Mozilla Firefox reported that the social online and mobile chat platform collects a lot of users' information and shares it with third parties. Discord does mention this in its terms and conditions, which users most likely don't even read.
There is also the growing trend of malware and other malicious software being sent through shared photos, videos, and other files. With over 150 million users globally as of mid-2021, privacy and cyber security experts warn the public from considering using Discord. If you're concerned about your privacy and want to , DoNotPay can help you get it done quickly and easily.
Does Discord Have Privacy and Security Issues?
One very good reason to is the privacy and security issue. Mozilla further points out that it might not be a great platform for children or teenagers to use as well. "Discord users have reported experiencing harassment, abuse, and predators. Getting targeted with hate speech, getting harassed by misogynistic gamers, or accidentally stumbling across a porn ring are all real concerns for people on Discord who aren't careful," the report states.
Deleting Your Account Doesn't Mean Your Data Is Deleted
Just because you've deleted your account doesn't mean that the data you shared publicly or privately is gone from the platform. Some have complained that by Discord keeping data like messages, photos, videos, among other things, the company is violating the right to be forgotten (RTBF).
Discord argues that keeping such data is crucial to the continuity of public messaging threads. And, of course, Discord covers this in its terms and conditions section, leaving little recourse for most users.
Why Do Discord Users Delete Their Accounts?
Other than privacy and security issues, here are some other common reasons users switch from Discord to other similar platforms:
- Discord removing and/or blocking users' accounts without warning or reason.
- Discord forces users to provide a phone number.
- Some Discord alternatives offer bigger monthly data upload quotas.
- Gamers prefer a platform that uses far less CPU.
How Can You Delete Your Discord Account on Your Own
If you want to give deleting your Discord account a shot, here’s how you can do so:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Here are the steps to delete your Discord account from their website.
- Log into Discord using either your browser or desktop client.
- Click on User Settings and navigate to My Account, Account Removal, Delete Account.
- If you own a server on Discord, you will need to either delete the server or transfer ownership over to someone else.
- Once you begin the account deletion process, you will be asked to enter your password along with your 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) code.
- From there, click the Delete Account button.
On the surface, your Discord account is deleted from public view. To protect any leftover personal information from falling into the wrong hands, delete your account completely with DoNotPay.
How Can DoNotPay Help You Delete Your Discord Account?
DoNotPay has years of experience handling customer service issues, and helping resolve problems with online accounts is no exception. To delete your Discord account using DoNotPay, all you have to do is:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting your account to be deleted.
We'll also ask for all of your personal data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations. including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA 2018), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), and General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR). You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your problem if they have any further questions or concerns.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Do you need to delete another account? DoNotPay can help you delete the following accounts:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Once you have used DoNotPay, you will want to use it to handle all of your life's social and legal problems that occur online. DoNotPay can help with a multitude of issues including:
Sign up for today, and make sure your Discord account, along with your data and personal information, is deleted with no hassle.