How Much Money Can You Make on Instacart?
Perhaps the lure of making money has led you to become an Instacart shopper, and now you find yourself asking, "So, just how much money can I make on Instacart?"
Instacart has become the leader in ways to make money as a designated shopper and the 65,000 stores that are Instacart Stores see this as an effective tool for tapping into their sudden ability to reach out to and serve a predominantly new online customer base.
The potential for making money on Instacart is real provided a few things fall into just the right place. Let's look at what needs to happen for you to make real money on Instacart!
Getting Started With Instacart
If you are thinking about getting in on the Instacart Shopper as a side job or even a full-time job your first stop along the trail is the Instacart website. There you will find the corresponding links to become an Instacart Shopper where you will get paid to buy groceries for a client and then promptly deliver the groceries to the client buyer.
The application process is straightforward and goes something like this;
- Provide basic information like name, address, email, etc.
- Currently, their website will ask if you are wanting to shop in Boston or San Francisco as those are the two markets needing shoppers.
- You must be at least 21, have a car, and have a smartphone or iPhone.
If you qualify for an Instacart Shoppers position, you will then be directed to do the following;
- Take an online quiz where you will be asked to identify certain grocery, produce, dairy, and meat items. You will only have two minutes to answer all 21 questions.
- If you pass the quiz you will then be set up with the city manager for a 15-minute face-to-face interview to discuss your background and other aspects of being an Instacart Shopper.
- You will then be scheduled for a 20-minute online training session to learn about the Instacart App and how to accept or deny orders.
- Now you are ready to begin taking on orders and delivering them as an official Instacart Shopper!
That is the getting started part so now let's discuss income potential.
How Much Money Can You Make on Instacart?
According to online publications like The Penny Hoarder, if you start with Instacart and begin to streamline your ability to purchase quality items, deliver them promptly, and cater to your customer's needs, you can realistically make a consistent $25 per hour as an Instacart Shopper/Delivery person.
The online publication Ridester is considered by The New York Times, and Forbes Magazine to be an expert in the on-demand transportation industry and an authority on the gig economy. The following is a look into the potential income you can make from one of two different job titles you can have when working for Instacart, according to Ridester.
The 2 Different Faces of Instacart
Before you can realistically ask how much money you can make with Instacart it is important to know that you have two different choices as to which component of Instacart you will be working for.
Here are those two job titles with a corresponding definition of each one:
|In-Store Instacart Shopper||These Instacart Shoppers are only working at the store level picking out merchandise according to the order they are processing. In-Store Shoppers will prepare that grocery order to be delivered by an Instacart Delivery Driver or prepare the order to be picked up curbside by the customer.|
|Full-Service Instacart Shopper||These Instacart Shoppers do the same thing the in-store shopper does. The only difference is, Full-Service means that aside from preparing your grocery order, the full-service shopper will also deliver the order to the customer. The Full-Service Instacart Shopper will tend to make more money as their mileage is compensated by Instacart, and they can take tips from customers.|
Both jobs with Instacart carry different compensation amounts. An In-Store Shopper can usually rely on a steady amount of income as they are paid per hour to fulfill grocery orders. The Full-Service Shopper is being paid a per order amount of between $7 to $10 and a .06 per mile for the use of their car to deliver the order to the customer.
But when it all boils down, the realistic amount of money you can make with Instacart stands at $20 to $25 per hour whether it is peak delivery time or considered to be off-peak time.
How to Make More Money With Instacart
As you work with the Instacart platform and begin to learn your way around the stores you will be shopping in you can streamline your operation to maximize your potential income.
- Get to know your usual customers, what they buy, what time they buy, and where they live, so you can process multiple orders going to the same neighborhood or apartment building at the same time.
- Learn how to streamline your order preparing process by knowing how to navigate through the store you are shopping at and use it to your advantage.
- Whether it is your efficiency, your ability to make multiple deliveries in one trip, or simply your impeccable customer service, find something you can use to set yourself apart from the crowd and make yourself the most in-demand Instacart Shopper ever to grace the aisles of the local supermarket!
If you find that little something that no other Instacart Shopper provides, you can unlock a full-time income with Instacart! Those Instacart Shoppers that have done just that are reporting steady weekly income amounts at, and over $1K per week!
Now, let's look at how you can use the Money Making suite of tools from DoNotPay as your information hub for how much money you can make with Instacart, and other money-making opportunities online.
How to Use DoNotPay to Take Advantage of Other Money Making Platforms
Sometimes the only thing you need to succeed in making money via the internet is to unlock the needed information to get you pointed in the right direction. That is precisely what DoNotPay can do for you!
DoNotPay may not have a magic wand to wave over your Instacart Shopper business, but they can provide you with enough 5-star information to allow you to form a decision about Instacart being the right fit. The same goes for the other online money-making opportunities that the DoNotPay information hub supports.
Here's how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and head over to the Make Money Online product.
- Select which option you're interested in from our list.
- Complete the chatbot to start earning extra cash!
And just like that, you are unlocking that online entrepreneur living inside you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay will put the right information in front of the right person looking to succeed with Instacart! If Instacart isn't right for you, relax and try these other money-making opportunities from DoNotPay!
- Make Money Through Robinhood
- Make Money With The Stock Market
- Make Money on Your Phone
- Money Making Apps
- Make Money on Your Computer
- Make Money Through Social Media
- Make Money With Coinbase
See how fast, easy, and successful you can be with Instacart and DoNotPay as your online money-making information hub.