How Much Is a Speeding Ticket in Texas?
Texas is one of the many states that take the speed limit very seriously. If you are caught going over the speed limit, you could end up paying hefty fines and could even get your driver's license suspended. If you have been wondering about the average costs of speeding tickets in Texas, DoNotPay has the answer.
How Much Does a Speeding Ticket Cost in Texas?
When it comes to the cost of a speeding ticket in Texas, there are many factors to consider, such as:
- How much did you exceed the speed limit?
- Where did the alleged speeding take place (i.e. school zone, work zone, etc.)?
- What town were you in when you received the speeding ticket?
Here is a look at the different prices that you can expect to pay when you face certain circumstances:
|Speed Limit Violation||Fine|
|1 to 5 mph Over the Limit||$107||$97||$194|
|6 to 9 mph Over the Limit||$199||$122||$204|
|20 to 29 mph Over the Limit||$300||$200||$279|
If you are caught speeding in a school zone, the cost of the fine will go up. For instance, you can expect to pay about $30 more for speeding in a school zone and $40 more per violation for speeding in a work zone.
Can You Dispute a Speeding Ticket in Texas?
Yes. You have the option to pay for the speeding ticket in Texas without going to court. However, if you do this, you are pleading guilty to speeding and will more than likely receive the standard punishments that are usually given to that offense. But if you feel that you were not going as fast as the police officer who gave you the ticket claims, then you could go to court and plead your case in front of a judge.
If you decide to go to court, you will need to:
- Collect any evidence that may help your case
- Bring witnesses to court with you that can confirm your story
- Research what type of equipment was used by the police officer to measure your speed and see if there is a possibility that it could have been wrong
Do You Need to Have a Lawyer to Dispute Your Speeding Ticket in Texas?
No, you do not have to hire a lawyer to dispute any traffic ticket in court. In fact, most of the time, a speeding ticket is less than what it would cost to hire a lawyer. Instead, most drivers choose to represent themselves. This does mean that you will have to gather all of the evidence yourself to present it to the court, but it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Dispute a Speeding Ticket in Texas With the Help of DoNotPay
Going to court to dispute a speeding ticket yourself can be quite a hassle. You will have to take time off of work, travel to the courthouse, and spend hours gathering information. However, DoNotPay has a quick and simple way for you to get out of a speeding ticket in just a couple of minutes. Over the last few years, DoNotPay has helped hundreds of thousands of people successfully get out of a speeding ticket and we can help you too.
To use our innovative and fast service, simply follow these five easy steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and find the Speeding Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your speeding ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
And that is all there is to it. Once you have finished submitting the required information, all you have to do is sit back and wait for a letter to come in the mail which will detail whether or not you have won your case.
DoNotPay Is Here to Help You Answer All of Your Traffic Ticket Questions
In addition to helping you understand how much you will have to pay if you get a speeding ticket in Texas, we also have the answer to many other traffic ticket-related questions, including:
- Will a speeding ticket raise your insurance rates?
- How long will a speeding ticket stay on your driving record?
- How to get a judge to dismiss your speeding ticket
- What happens when you get a speeding ticket?
DoNotPay Offers Other Ways to Help
DoNorPay was created to make your life easier, which is why we offer a wide range of services. Some of the services that we provide include:
- Easily request repairs in your city
- Negotiate your car lease
- Dispute a seatbelt ticket
- Make an insurance claim
This is only a small sample of the many services that we provide. Feel free to check out our full list of services to explore all the ways that we can help you today.