How Long Does a Divorce Take in AZ? DoNotPay Has the Answer!
How long does a divorce take in AZ? Multiple factors affect the length—such as what type of divorce you’re getting and whether there are any underage children involved. The mandatory waiting period in Arizona also plays a big role as you will have to wait 60 days for the divorce to end.
Want to be done with your divorce as fast as possible? DoNotPay has some tips that will make the whole ordeal go smoothly and end amicably.
The length of a divorce in AZ is impacted by various factors, including:
|Having underage children||If you have any children with your spouse, you must settle on certain issues, such as:
Even if you agree on these matters, you will have to file extra paperwork to determine the financial support the children will receive
|Property and debt division||Deciding who will handle debt created during the marriage can also impact the length of the divorce. Splitting houses and vehicles also takes a lot of time during the process|
|Court caseload||Your county court might be overloaded with paperwork and hearings. This might affect the length of your divorce|
|Type of divorce||An uncontested divorce can be finalized anywhere between 90 and 120 days, and contested cases can go on for over six months|
The fastest and most efficient way to get a divorce in AZ is to opt for an uncontested divorce. This type of divorce requires fewer forms to fill and less time to spend in court as there won’t be a need for many hearings.
- Petition for the Dissolution of a Non-Covenant Marriage
- Notice of Right to Convert Health Insurance
- Joint Preliminary Injunction
- Creditor Notice
- Information on Parenting Information Programs (if you have any minor children)
- Marital Settlement Agreement
According to Arizona state laws, these papers need to be delivered to the other party by a professional server or a person appointed by the court.
Once you serve the papers, your spouse will have 20 days to answer. When they agree to the provisions outlined in the petition, you will need to wait 60 days before the divorce is finalized.
The way you file papers is different in every county, but don’t worry—we got you covered! Learn how to get divorced in:
Once the required waiting period is over, the plaintiff must file a marital settlement agreement. The judge will then review the document, and if they deem it reasonable and fair to both parties, they will finalize the divorce. This is why it’s important to have a flawless settlement agreement. You can get one by:
- Hiring a lawyer to create it for you—As lawyer fees are expensive, be prepared to pay a hefty sum
- Subscribing to DoNotPay—We can create a tailor-made settlement agreement for you in a jiffy that won’t cost you a fortune
You don’t have to spend unnecessary amounts of money on lawyer fees to get a divorce settlement agreement. DoNotPay offers a more affordable and efficient solution! With our Divorce Settlement Agreement product, you’ll be able to get this important document in a few clicks:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Select our Divorce Settlement Agreement
- Answer our chatbot’s questions about your:
- Children (if any)
- Choose whether you want to get your document notarized online
Once you submit your request, you will receive a customized divorce settlement agreement in no time. You can then have it notarized online by following the link we send you via email.
Check out DoNotPay’s handy guides to learn more about divorce, including:
|Arizona-Specific Guides||General Divorce Guides|
Hiring a lawyer to help you sue a company can be helpful, but it can also cost you an arm and a leg. Luckily, you can avoid wasting hundreds of dollars and use our robot lawyer to sue any company in small claims court instead!
DoNotPay offers you a variety of other features you will find quite useful when dealing with bureaucratic issues. Check out the list below to see what else our app can help you with:
- Creating standardized legal documents
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Applying for a college fee waiver
- Finding an online notary
- Lowering property taxes
- Filing for crime victim compensation
- Creating a child travel consent form
Whoever said you should shop until you drop didn’t have access to DoNotPay’s various features. With our app, you can make your shopping experience smooth sailing and stress-free!
Here’s a fragment of what you can accomplish by using our neat features:
- Reach customer support in a snap
- Get a refund easily
- File a missing or damaged parcel claim
- Request an item return
- Get cash back from your used gift cards
- Cancel any subscription with ease
- Sign up for free trials
- Claim warranties