Why Do You Need a Housing Warranty?
When buying a new home, you should also consider taking a warranty. Home warranties can cover the costs of repair of some damage to your home or appliances.
If you don’t want to pay for the home repairs on your own, learn more about home warranties and the ways of making a claim.
What Is a Home Warranty for New Buyers?
When you buy a new home, you will probably get offers for a home warranty. Sometimes new homes are already protected by the builder’s warranty, but you can also purchase a third-party protection plan. You can find various home warranties in America. If you are not sure which to pick, check out our home warranty reviews.
Warranties for newly built homes usually cover the damages in materials or workmanship. The protection typically involves:
- Air conditioning
- Electrical systems
If you purchase a third-party home warranty, you can also protect your household appliances, such as a fridge, oven, or TV.
Home warranty periods are different for each component. Usually, windows and doors have one-year protection, while plumbing or electrical systems can have coverage for two years. For major structural defects, the warranty may last for even ten years.
Who Pays for a Home Warranty?
As a buyer, you can purchase a home warranty on your own, but you can also ask the seller to cover the costs of the first year of the warranty. Whether the seller will purchase a warranty depends on the local custom. Many sellers decide to do so to have more chance of stringing a deal.
How To Claim a Home Warranty by Yourself
If your house needs any repair, you should get in touch with your warranty provider to file a claim. The ways of filing warranty claims vary depending on the company, but the most common ways to file a home warranty claim are the following:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty Via||Yes/No|
|In Person||Depends on your warranty provider|
Submit a Home Warranty Claim With Ease via DoNotPay
If you want to claim your home warranty without a hitch, use DoNotPay! We offer a fast and efficient way of filing warranty claims. You can finish the process in a few clicks. Here is what you need to do:
- Access DoNotPay from any web browser
- Select Claim Warranty
- Click on Home Warranty
- Provide the details about your home warranty provider
- Hit Submit
When you complete these steps, we’ll take over. We’ll use the information you provide to generate a claim letter on your behalf and send it to your warranty provider. You can expect to hear from your warranty provider soon after we send the claim.
DoNotPay Helps You File an Appeal for Denied Warranty Claims
Your warranty provider might deny your claim the first time you make it. Companies often reject warranty claims to save money on charges. If your warranty claim gets denied, seek your consumer rights by filing an appeal with DoNotPay!
Our app allows you to appeal your warranty provider’s decision effortlessly. You only need to complete a few easy steps, and we’ll take care of the rest. All you need to do is:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account in any web browser
- Open the Claim Warranty option
- Select Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Add the details about your denied claim
- Click on Submit
With this done, you are closer to winning your case. Our app will generate an appeal letter and address it to your warranty provider, who should reach out to you with the results of your case.
DoNotPay Makes You Feel at Home With Bureaucracy
DoNotPay is an expert in filing car warranty claims too! With our award-winning app, you can file both manufacturer and extended car warranties in no time. In case a dealer refuses to cancel your extended warranty, count on our assistance in dealing with this situation.
DoNotPay can also tackle other administrative tasks, such as searching for unclaimed property, terminating services, or requesting refunds.
Open DoNotPay in any web browser, and we can help you:
- Seek refunds from any company
- Communicate with your friends and relatives in jail
- Fight parking tickets
- Locate missing money under your name anywhere in the U.S.
- Save your work from copyright infringement
- Sue anyone at small claims court
- Put an end to spam emails
- Manage your large bills
- Start free trials without thinking about charges
- Jump the phone queue when contacting customer service reps
- Stop annoying robocalls
- Obtain refunds and compensation from airlines
- Avoid phone verification when signing up for services
- Practice for government tests
- File insurance claims fast and easy
- Cancel your subscriptions and memberships
- Get rid of text messages
- Appeal speeding tickets
- Sign up for different clinical trials
- Protect yourself when exposed to harassment or stalking
- Submit other types of warranty claims
- Make a DMV appointment fast
- Submit college application fee waiver requests
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Handle credit card problems easily