The Easy Way to Get a Household Automotive Finance Lien Release
Are you struggling to get a ? Maybe you forgot about an old lien on your car title. Or it could be you realized you couldn't sell your car without a clear title. And now you're wondering what steps are required for securing a lien release and moving forward.
Automotive liens refer to vehicle titles. Anytime you buy a car using a loan, borrow money to fix a vehicle, use your car title to secure a title loan, or owe money to your state due to parking tickets and fines, you'll have auto liens with which to contend. What vehicle owners sometimes don't realize is they're unable to legally sell or trade a vehicle without a clear title. So, understanding what liens you have will help you determine how to go about getting a Household Automotive Finance lien release.
If it's been a good while since you last checked. And now that you're looking for how-to's online about handling your Household Auto Finance lien, you're finding out the company no longer exists. And there are other links, sending you down rabbit holes chasing HSBC Auto Finance, Household Automotive Finance, and Santander Consumer USA. Not only are you facing an uphill battle to get your lien released. But you also have to chase down a defunct company and find out where to look, who to call, and how to release your lien. Lucky enough, DoNotPay has just the thing, even if you aren't sure which lienholder applies to your situation.
Liens Can Come in a Variety of Forms, Not Just Automotive
Sure, vehicle title liens are on your mind right now since you're exploring how to remove a . But there are plenty of other ways liens can impact your finances.
A bank lien is one in which the lending institution holds you responsible for debt by seizing your accounts or assets until the debt is paid in full, negotiations can be made, or the bank receives notice that your debt is satisfied.
A mortgage refers to a contract between you and a lender in which you borrow money to buy or refinance a house and give the lender the right to seize your property if you don't repay the money that you borrow.
A judgment lien allows a creditor to force you (the debtor) to sell property that you own. The money from the sales is then used to pay off the judgment.
What Does It Mean to Have a Household Automotive Finance Lien Anyway?
If you're like one of the countless customers who sought to get a Household Automotive lien release, you've likely realized that Household Automotive Finance, and its many names, is no longer in business. As of 2008, the company closed up shop, citing lost revenue in its automotive sub-prime lending division, among other issues. As a result, thousands of Americans were left confused about how to get their Household Automotive liens released. Santander Consumer USA, Inc purchased the company and continues to offer a variety of automotive loan products and financial services.
How to Connect With Santander Consumer USA About Your Lien
You can explore your options by connecting with Santander Consumer USA, the company that assumed the former portfolio of loans and customers from Household Automotive Finance.
|Customer Service by Phone:||(888) 222-4227|
|Frequently Asked Questions:||https://santanderconsumerusa.com/support|
|Titles Department:||(800) 526-0157|
|Main Address:||Santander Consumer USA Inc., P.O. Box 961245, Fort Worth, TX 76161-1245|
|Payment Address:||Santander Consumer USA Inc., P.O. Box 660633, Dallas, TX 75266-0633|
Santander's Policy for Payoffs and Lien Releases
Santander Consumer USA outlines policies for how it handles and grants automotive lien releases. Here are a few points to consider when you connect:
- Each state has different guidelines for releasing liens and clearing titles.
- All titles and subsequent releases of liens will be sent first-class mail.
- Once you receive your title from Santander Consumer USA, it's recommended that you apply for a clear title at your local Motor Vehicle Office.
- If you don't request a clear title and you damage or lose it, you'll have to contact Santander for a release of lien before applying for a duplicate title.
- Fees for lien-free title applications will be different depending on the state.
Borrowers Still Facing Problems
Anyone with a lien from Household Automotive Finance or HSBC Auto Finance joins a growing group of borrowers who experience less than stellar service. One report shared 45 complaints alone. In other groups, borrowers shared harrowing details about getting Household Automotive Finance lien releases, only to not have the liens officially removed from their titles. Add the few company ownership changes and reports of failure to report payoffs to the credit bureaus, and you're looking at quite the nightmare journey yourself.
How to Get a Household Automotive Finance Lien Removed
In an ideal situation, you'd be able to remove a lien with a few basic steps. For example, you could:
- Submit a lien clearance letter from the lienholder, indicating the lien has been paid in full.
- Submit a lien contract stating the lien has been paid in full.
- Submit an official court order directing the government office to issue the duplicate title without the lien.
But since you're trying to get a Household Automotive Finance lien release, and because that lienholder entity sold to another company, you're probably in for a much more complicated process.
Get Your Household Automotive Finance or HSBC Auto Finance Lien Released With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can amass all the relevant and pertinent information to your specific lien situation and send a letter to the creditor that placed a lien on your property to request a renegotiation of the terms of your debt based on your needs. Additionally, we can fill out a Release of Lien form and send it directly to your creditor to sign, allowing you to get the lien off your title and record and out of mind once you renegotiate your debt. That way, you can move past your troubles, and effectively secure your property.
Let DoNotPay Get a Household Automotive Finance Lien Release on Your Behalf in just a few easy steps:
- Search for remove my lien on DoNotPay.
- Start our Remove My Lien product.
- Answer some questions about your specific lien and let us help you craft a letter to your creditor to resolve the issue.
DoNotPay Cen Get All Kinds of Lien Releases for You
Whether you're in Virginia, Idaho, or California, DoNotPay can help you with lien releases nearly anywhere. And regardless of the type of lien you have, there's likely a DoNotPay product to help.
See other lien-related products like:
- Understanding automotive liens
- How to find if there's a lien on your house
- How to sell a vehicle with an existing lien
- How to complete a lien release form
- How to successfully remove a lien from your property
- How to handle a tax lien on your credit report
- How to remove state tax liens from your public record
- Find out if you have liens about you
DoNotPay's Suite of Game-Changing Products Can Help With Practically Everything
You'll take care of your automotive lien so easily that you'll wonder what else DoNotPay's extensive suite of products can help you tackle, including:
- Exploring how to reduce your property taxes
- Getting in touch with customer service departments
- Filing in small claims court
- Securing a release of liability
- Get help with your household bills in a bind
- Increasing your credit limits
- Closing bank accounts you no longer need
- Learn about cleaning up your credit report
Don't try to handle the nightmare of getting a all by yourself. Instead, let DoNotPay handle all the heavy lifting, so you can get your finances back on track and your vehicle title free and clear.