An Extensive Guide to a Hong Kong Tourist Visa
Is seeing Hong Kong on your bucket list? You will not regret visiting the Special Administrative Region of China that gorgeously combines Asian tradition and Western influence. The city is known as a world-class center of trade, culture, and business, and it also boasts an impressive night view of a skyline.
Do U.S. citizens need a Hong Kong tourist visa? Find out with DoNotPay! Our app will also inform you about other travel requirements for visiting this Asian metropolis.
U.S. citizens do not need a tourist visa for Hong Kong if they don’t intend to stay longer than 90 days. You only need a visa if you plan to:
- Stay for more than 90 days—If this is the case, you can obtain an extension with the Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department
- Work or study in Hong Kong
You should keep in mind that the tourist visa requirements for Hong Kong and the rest of China are not the same. If you plan on traveling from Hong Kong to other parts of the country, you will need a visa. Use DoNotPay’s extensive guide to find out how the visa application for China works.
Tourists who don’t intend to stay in Hong Kong for more than three months will still need to bring:
- A passport with at least one month of validity (with one blank page for entry stamp)
- Proof of arranged return transportation
- Sufficient funds to cover their stay without working in Hong Kong
If you want to get more information about traveling to Hong Kong, you should contact one of the Hong Kong Economic and Trades Offices in the U.S. Consult the table below for the relevant contact details:
|Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office||Address||Phone Number|
|Washington, D.C.||1520 18th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036, USAemail@example.com|
|New York||115 East 54th Street
New York, NY10022
|San Francisco||130 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104-4301, USAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
There are many requirements for traveling to Hong Kong during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is what you should pay attention to:
- Only Hong Kong residents are allowed to enter the city from the U.S.
- Individuals coming from the U.S. must present a negative COVID-19 nucleic acid test administered within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time
- The test can be in English or Chinese
- Travelers coming from the U.S. need to present documentary proof in English to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution is approved
- You can find recognized laboratories in the U.S. on the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- All travelers from the U.S. are required to isolate for 21 days at a designated quarantine hotel
- Fully vaccinated individuals must undergo a compulsory 14-days quarantine upon arrival
- Hong Kong recognizes vaccines from the following manufacturers:
- Institute of Medical Biology Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
- Anhui Zhifei Longcom Biopharmaceutical
- Serum Institute of India
- The Gamaleya National Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology
- Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products
Due to the nature of the pandemic, regulations and requirements tend to update quite often. Consult DoNotPay’s guide to stay up to date with the latest changes.
Finding the correct information on whether you will need a tourist visa when traveling can be demanding and time-consuming. The requirements are often scattered all over the internet, and official websites are rarely updated.
You can skip this ordeal by turning to DoNotPay for help! All you need to do is complete these steps:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Choose our Tourist Visa Guide product
- Inform us about where you’re traveling and whether you are a U.S. passport holder
If the country you wish to visit does not require a tourist visa, we will let you know and inform you about the maximum number of days you can stay. In case you do need a visa, DoNotPay will provide you with a direct link to the online application or a PDF guide with application instructions.
We will also let you know about the documents you must submit.
If you plan on seeing other parts of the continent after Hong Kong, you should learn about tourist visa requirements for every desired destination. Check out some of DoNotPay’s amazing guides for other Asian countries in the table below:
Did you manage to solve the issue with our app? If the answer is yes, you may also be interested in checking out other interesting features we offer. DoNotPay can help you:
|Get Rid of Spammers By||Deal With Uncooperative Merchants By||Get Help With Your Studies By|
Are you having a hard time drawing up a contract due to insufficient legal expertise? Say goodbye to failed drafts—DoNotPay can generate divorce settlement agreements, powers of attorney, child travel consent forms, and many other legal documents in under five minutes!