Apply for Hillsborough County Building Permits Quicker With DoNotPay
Many states require homeowners to obtain building permits when performing renovations that change a property's plan/structure. From building accessory housing units to constructing that picket fence you 've so much wanted, you'll first need to get Hillsborough County building permits. You'll be avoiding penalties and fines by doing so.
But applying for a building permit is easier said than done. There's a lot to do: retrieving a form from the building department, getting HOA approvals, scheduling home surveys, speaking to neighbors, and researching zoning regulations. That's time- consuming and confusing for a first-timer, but no more. DoNotPay provides a simple and faster means of obtaining .
Why Obtain a Building Permit in Hillsborough County?
The building department requires homeowners to obtain planning approvals before commencing any remodeling projects. The permit is designed to ensure householders and contractors work safely, conform to home design, and adhere to the standard building codes.
The Hillsborough County building permit office will only approve a remodeling project after a homeowner meets all the legal requirements and local building policies. The homeowner will have to file a Hillsborough- issued form and submit requirements at the permit office. The government representative will assess various aspects, including:
- Architectural blueprints
- Seismic activity
- Home surveys
- Electrical connections
You require when performing a range of home remodeling works. These include:
- Changing your home's piping
- Adding or removing walls
- Remodeling conversions
- Adding outbuilding or accessory dwelling units
- Demolishing part of the house
- Reroofing your home
- Fencing installation and maintenance
- HVAC installations and repairs
How to Get a Building Permit in Hillsborough County
You can start your application process online by visiting the Hillsborough County Center for Development Services' website (www.hillsboroughcounty.org/), and follow the steps below:
- Download the permit application form to your computer/laptop and open it using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Download the form's version that you can print.
- Fill out the form; submit it to the County Center for Development Services at 601 E Kennedy Blvd (19th Floor), Tampa, FL 33602. For any questions, you can contact them directly at (813) 272-5600.
What Details Are Required When Obtaining Planning Approvals?
The application form contains specific areas that you need to fill out based on the type of remodeling project. Generally, will require you to provide the following details whether applying with the building department in Los Angeles County or Palm Beach County:
- Your name and personal details (mailing address, email, and phone number)
- Property information (zone, map number, lot number, street address, and directions)
- The type of permit - specific to the type of renovation project (demolition, electrical, plumbing, new building, foundation, etc.)
- Brief description of the construction
- Contractor details (name, email, telephone, address, and licensure)
- Application fee ($50 - $100, based on the type of project)
Documents Required When Applying for Hillsborough County Building Permits
The documentation required when applying for construction approvals usually depends on the type of project. Just like applying for Chicago building permits, you'll need the following documents:
- Drawn blueprints to detail the work and how it will be done
- Proof of property ownership
- Proof of insurance
- Copy of the contractor's license
Each municipality in Hillsborough County has its specific requirements. It would be best to partner with your local building permit office to understand the specific documents required.
What Fees Are Associated With Getting a Permit?
The application fee for a building permit varies depending on the renovation project you plan to undertake. Below is a breakdown of the application costs.
|Type of Construction Project||Permit Application Fee|
|Certificate of Business Occupancy||$50.00|
|New Buildings, Garages, Barns, Alteration, Mobile Homes, Modular Homes, Additions, Porches, Ramps, Decks, Breezeways||$50.00 plus $0.25 per sq.ft.|
|Plumbing, Electrical, Gas, and Mechanical permits||$50.00|
|Foundations, Pools, Chimneys, Pellet, Fireplace, Gas Stoves||$50.00|
|Construction of Commercial Property||$100.00 plus $0.25 per sq.ft.|
|Commercial Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, and Mechanical permits||$100|
Alleviate the Hassle; Apply for Your Hillsborough County Building Permits Using DoNotPay
The permit application process is as challenging in Hillsborough County as it is in Sarasota. It can be tedious and confusing if you have a busy schedule or don't know where to start. That's why we created DoNotPay, the only robotic lawyer that advocates on your behalf when applying for a building permit.
If you're ready to apply for a Hillsborough building permit, click on DoNotPay's Planning Permissions product. With the online tool, you can confirm whether your project requires a permit, contact your HOA for planning approvals, and get easy steps on how to generate and fill out a permit application form.
Step-By-Step Guidelines on How to Apply for a Building Permit With DoNotPay
Follow the simple instructions below to apply for building permits with ease.
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay for Building Permit Application
Following the conventional application process is challenging, not to mention the bureaucracy that delays the processing process. DoNotPay offers a better solution with some benefits:
- Easy - DoNotPay is your trusted online lawyer that offers the information you need to make your application quickly. No more hassle filling tedious forms or conducting Hillsborough County permit research.
- Fast - We do everything to simplify your application process, from generating an HOA permission request letter to guidance on how to complete the process. You need not spend long hours making the application.
- Successful - At DoNotPay, we alleviate any uncertainties you have about your submission. We will make a case and advocate on your behalf to ensure the Hillsborough County building permit office, and HOA approve your application.