Find the Best High Schools for Arts
Every student has their own special skills and abilities that can be the basis of a successful life-long career. Putting such students through regular or "traditional" school systems isn't wise. They might never get the chance to better their crafts or even lose them altogether. If you have a child who enjoys and is good in arts, it's best to get them into one of the best high schools for arts and watch them flourish.
With so many high schools for arts, finding the best and the right ones can be overwhelming for you or your child. But there's no need to worry. This article looks at how you can easily find the best high school for arts using DoNotPay.
We will also look at:
- What are high schools for arts?
- How to identify the best high schools for arts
- Top 3 best art high schools in the US
- How to find the best high schools for arts by yourself
- Other special and unique schools like schools for gifted children that you can find with DoNotPay.
What Are High Schools for Arts?
Students in typical high schools follow arbitrary curriculums, mainly comprising Maths, English, History, and Science. An arts high school focuses on arts, with the other subjects being complementary. Students are taught the various elements of arts, principles of design, art processes, and various exemplary artists.
How to Identify the Best High Schools for Arts
Your child or student will determine the kind of high school for arts you're going to look for. Do they want to learn other things from the arts or do they prefer a single-gendered school? But there are some standards to determine if you're taking your child to the best arts high school. Some of the things to look out for include:
- The faculty, including the teachers and any practicing artists.
- The facilities to ensure they match your student's craft.
- Graduation and college attendance rates to help you determine the quality of the school.
- School culture.
- You don't want to sell a kidney for your child to join an arts high school.
- Mentorship programs.
- Extracurricular activities.
Top 5 Best High Schools for Arts in the US
|L.A County High Schools for the Arts||Founded in 1985, the L. A County High School for the Arts offers a specialized program combining college-preparatory academic instruction and conservatory-style training in the visual performing arts. Students can specialize in music, visual arts, film, theatre, and dance at this school.|
|Professional Performing Arts High School||The Professional Performing Arts School is a public arts school located in New York. Since its founding in 1990, the school has provided students with a rigorous and comprehensive arts curriculum. The faculty here is rich and comprises professional dancers, actors, musicians, and it has professional studios.|
|Idyllwild Arts Academy||Idyllwild is an arts high school for 9-12 and post-graduate students. It offers music, theater, dance, visual art, film, interdisciplinary arts, and creative writing. However, you'll need to audition or present a portfolio to gain admission into Idyllwild Arts Academy.|
You can find a comprehensive list of the top arts high schools in the US here.
How to Find the Best Arts High School by Yourself
To find the best high school for arts, you can use online search engines to get the rankings and find out more details about each school to help you make an informed decision. However, the process can be overwhelming. You'll have to visit several websites to compare rankings and get reliable information.
Friends and family or visiting schools personally can also help you find an arts high school that's best for your child. But how many schools can you visit across the US?
Let DoNotPay Help You Find the Best High Schools for Arts Hassle-Free
You can decide to scour the web or ask friends and relatives about the best arts high school. But you must be ready to invest time and energy. That's not necessary. DoNotPay is here to help you find the best high schools for arts in 4 simple steps:
- Go to the Best Schools Search product on DoNotPay.
- Let us guide you through the different priorities you can filter by, including whether you're looking for a private school vs. public school, your ideal student-to-teacher ratio, and what grade level you are looking for.
- Tell us how you want us to rank the results (by what's most important to you!) Some examples include, best schools overall, most diverse, best teachers, etc.
- Enter the search area you want to search in for. The wider the area, the more schools we can match you with.
Wait as DoNotPay generates a list of the best arts high schools according to the craft your child or student wants to pursue.
You Can Do Much More With DoNotPay
The possibilities of DoNotPay in fastening and easing the search process for the best schools are limitless. Once you sign up with us, you can also look for the best:
- Schools for children with autism.
- Schools for children with special needs.
- School for gifted children.
- Special schools for troubled kids.
Don't hesitate to use DoNotPay to easily and conveniently find the best schools.