Make the Process of Getting a Hernando County Building Permit Easy With DoNotPay
Building an addition to your home can be very exciting when you first start making plans. The process of getting a may not be as straightforward as you would like and this can slow down your plans.
However, DoNotPay can help speed up the process. Here's how.
What Is a Building Permit?
If you're not in the construction business, you may not be familiar with all the hoops you have to jump through before building, like applying for a building permit. Whether you are in Hernando County, or somewhere else, you'll most likely have to apply for one. But what exactly is a building permit?
It 's essentially approval from your local government that helps make sure your home is built to certain standards. While it may be frustrating, Spruce points out that this can be a good thing. The inspections and loopholes are there to make sure that your home, or any added additions, is built in a way that is safe for both you and your loved ones who are staying there.
Not everything requires a permit, so before you apply with Hernando County, it's important to know if the work you're going to be doing falls under that umbrella.
When Is a Building Permit Necessary in Hernando County?
Hernando County requires a building permit for a wide range of items such as:
- Aluminum roofs
- Plumbing work
- Residential additions
- Storage buildings
The list is too long to include here, as there are over 150 items listed. You can find the full list on the Hernando Building Division site.
It 's important to note that this list is subject to change. With that in mind, it's a good idea to find a local licensed contractor who is familiar with all the laws. If you want to go with the DIY route, then contact the Hernando Building Division to make sure you're getting the right building permit.
Nonresidential farm buildings do not require a building permit, but you still need to fill out a permit exemption before you begin construction.
How to Get a Building Permit in Hernando County
In the past, you could fill out an application for a building permit and send it in through fax or email. That is no longer an option, but you can submit an application through the Online Permitting System. A printable form of the Hernando Building Permit can be found here.
Some of the frequently asked questions include:
|Can I do it myself?||Florida law requires that you hire a licensed contractor to do the work. If you wish to do it yourself, then you need to apply for an exemption.|
|What forms will I need?||You'll be required to provide a drawing of the work you plan to do. While the lender information, as well as contractor information, will be added on the application form, it's useful to have this handy for when you file.|
|What kind of fees am I expected to pay?||There is a fee schedule listed on the Hernando Building Division site. You are expected to have all fees paid before the commencement.|
|How do I know when my application is approved?||The Hernando Building Division will alert you when the application is approved. If you want to know where your application stands before approval, you can check the status on the home page.|
Let DoNotPay Help You Apply for a Building Permit in Hernando County, Florida
Filling out the application may seem straightforward, but even one mistake can lead to your application being either delayed or denied outright. This can lead to more frustration, as well as more money, as you try to apply again.
Even when you fill out everything correctly, there's always a question of if you did it right. Rather than dealing with the stress, let DoNotPay help.
How to Apply for a Building Permit Without a Hassle in Hernando County Using DoNotPay
If you want to apply for a building permit without a hassle in Hernando County but don 't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to Apply for a Building Permit in Hernando County, Florida?
Yes, you can apply for a , but why deal with the hassle when DoNotPay can handle it for you? We are:
- Fast --You don't have to spend hours trying to find all the right information
- Easy --You don't have to struggle to describe what you plan to do.
- Successful --You can rest assured that we'll get your building permit approved.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay not only helps you apply for a building permit in Hernando County but across all counties. Even if you move to another location, we can still help make the process easier. For example, we can help you apply for permits in:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can't do it all. For example, we can't convince your cat that your new sunroom is not their new throne room. What we can do is:
- Help with standardized legal documents
- Notarize documents
- Help reduce property taxes
- Help navigate insurance claims
When you 're ready to see what else DoNotPay can do, sign up today.