Henry County Building Permits: What You Need to Know
Major home improvements and remodeling can be exciting because you get to turn your vision into a new reality for your home. However, it involves much more than just hiring a contractor and waiting for the magic to happen. In all likelihood, you will need before you can even begin your project, so DoNotPay is here to help you understand the process.
When Is a Building Permit Required in Henry County, Georgia?
The Building and Plan Review Department issues permit and complete building plan reviews and inspections. Building permits are required in Henry County for a variety of reasons. If you are building a new house, or building/installing accessory structures, a pool, making additions or renovating, you'll need to file for a building permit. This includes finishing an attic or basement, adding or removing walls, or making changes to existing plumbing or electrical work.
The Building and Plan Review Department's goal is to ensure that your projects are safe and in compliance with local ordinances, technical codes, and best industry practices. They also implement environmental compliance and maintain erosion control, which can be affected by construction and renovations.
Currently, the Building and Plan Review Department has jurisdiction in all of unincorporated Henry County and the city of Stockbridge. If you are located in the cities of Hampton, Locust Grove, or McDonough, you need to check with the city government for building permits.
How to Get a Building Permit in Henry County by Yourself?
Obtaining can be a difficult process, but it is possible to do it alone.
Who Do I Contact to Get a Building Permit?
You can get a building permit through the following options:
|In-Person||Henry County Building and Plan Review Department|
|By Mail||140 Henry Parkway
McDonough, GA 30253
|By Phone||Tel: (770) 288-6051
Fax: (770) 288-6187
|Through Emailemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org|
What Are the Required Documents for a Building Permit?
You can go to the Henry County Government's Building and Plan Review Department to find the required forms. They are in PDF form.
There are two Residential Packets that include the forms you may need.
- Permit Packet with Checklist - New House Construction with Checklist
- Permit Packet with Checklist - Accessory Structures, Pools, Additions, and Renovations
Not all forms may be applicable to your situation, so it is important to know which forms you will need to file. You can also find the forms individually to print, which may be important if you file a form incorrectly the first time.
- Authorized Permit Agent Form
- Construction Waste Burial Tracking Sheet
- Elevation Compliance Statement
- FEMA Elevation Certificate
- Footing Detail
- Homeowner Builder Affidavit
- Impact Fee Affidavit
- Residential Energy Code Compliance Affidavit
- Residential Land Disturbance Permit
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Site Plan Affidavit
- Sewer Elevation Compliance Statement
- Streetlight Application
- Tree and Vegetation Protection Affidavit
- Tree Protection Ordinance
What if You Cannot Get Your Henry County Building Permits Yourself?
There are a lot of ordinances to understand, and a lot of forms to file. It can be intimidating, and if you are denied a permit, you may not know what to do next. It's possible an experienced contractor can help you through the process, or you may need to hire an attorney. This can be costly and add to your stress. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers an alternative solution.
Let DoNotPay Help You Get Your Henry County Building Permits
DoNotPay understands that researching local ordinances, gathering required documents, and making sure you file the correct forms can be time-consuming, and even frustrating.
How to apply for a building permit easily in Henry County with DoNotPay:
If you want to file for a building permit quickly in Henry County, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to File for Building Permits?
With all of the laws and regulations involved, figuring out how to file for building permits can be intimidating. The whole process can be time-consuming and tedious. Instead of stressing over it, DoNotPay offers you a fast, easy, successful solution. You simply give us the pertinent information, and we can help walk you through the process without all the hassle.
DoNotPay Can Do Even More for You
Not only can DoNotPay help you understand how to obtain Henry County building permits quickly, but we can also do even more. We can get building permits in Palm Beach County, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sarasota County, or any city or county across the country. We can help you get Homeowner's Association (HOA) approval if necessary. Our goal is to make the whole process of obtaining permission and building permits easier for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay 's practical experience encompasses more than building permits. We can help you solve a vast array of problems, including: