Want to Avoid Paying Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Fees? We Can Help
Hawaiian Airlines is one of the most convenient methods of traveling in Hawaii, whether you're going between islands or across entire continents. With 32 destinations across Hawaii and the world, it's the most popular airline in the state and the only one dedicated to transporting people to and from the state. But most airlines charge fees for baggage, and Hawaiian Airlines is no different. How do you avoid paying , then? And how can DoNotPay help you save money on all your air travel? Read on for all the answers you need.
How Much Does Hawaiian Airlines Charge per Bag?
The cost of bringing baggage on Hawaiian Airlines flights varies based on the type of flight and the type of ticket you've bought, as well as a variety of other factors, such as the size of your bag and your membership in the HawaiianMiles membership program. Some bags will fly for free on Hawaiian Airlines, while oversize bags can cost you upwards of $150 USD, $150 AUD, $200 NZD, or 40,000 JPY.
For a full overview of , see their website. There's also a chatbot on the site that allows you to calculate your baggage fees on any given flight. The following chart shows the cost of bags on flights within the United States. Note that HawaiianMiles members enjoy a further discount on checked baggage between islands.
Overview of Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Fees
For bags on domestic Hawaiian Airlines flights that weigh less than 50 lbs (23 kg) and have a maximum size of 62 linear inches (width + length + height), the following charges apply:
|Bag||Neighbor Island||North America|
|1st Checked Bag||$25 ($15 for HawaiianMiles members)||$30|
|2nd Checked Bag||$35 ($25 for HawaiianMiles members)||$40|
|More Than Three Checked Bags||$50||$100|
Hawaiian Airlines also charges overweight baggage fees of $50 for bags that weigh between 51 and 70 pounds, and $200 for items weighing between 71 and 100 pounds. There is a $35 fee for bags with a size of between 62 and 80 linear inches. Bags heavier or larger than that are not accepted on domestic Hawaiian Airlines flights.
The first and second checked bags on international flights between the Hawaiian Islands and Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Pago Pago, and Papeete is allowed on flights at no charge, provided that they are under the maximum weight and dimensions for your destination and flight class.
How to Avoid Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Fees on Your Own
There are a few ways to avoid paying baggage fees with Hawaiian Airlines.
- You can travel using carry-on luggage only. This isn't suitable for long trips or international ones but can be a tremendous money-saver if you're just getting away to another island for a few days.
- You can weigh and measure your baggage ahead of time. This prevents you from sticker shock at the check-in desk when you go to check your baggage.
- You can book your Hawaiian Airlines flight in business class. This gives you larger baggage limitations and fewer fees.
- Book your flight using your HawaiianMiles membership number. By doing so, you can save a good deal of money on checked bags on flights between Hawaiian islands.
How to Appeal Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Fees With DoNotPay
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal baggage fees with Hawaiian Airlines and others:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay to Avoid Hawaiian Airlines Baggage Fees
DoNotPay is the easiest, most efficient way to get out of paying Hawaiian Airlines baggage fees. By taking care of your request entirely within the app, you know all the evidence you need has been sent to the right people. DoNotPay also has a proven track record of success when it comes to helping its users avoid fees. From bank fees to crypto exchange fees, we can make the best case for you while you get on with your life. Using DoNotPay's "Airline Services" product, you can also change your flight reservation, demand refunds for unused tickets, and even find lost baggage.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
It isn't just airline baggage fees that DoNotPay can help you with. Whether you're having trouble paying your HOA dues or you want to save money on PayPal, eBay, or Etsy fees, or even if you want to save money on Shopify fees, DoNotPay can help you build your case with a single click.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can do so much more than help you avoid . As the world's first robot lawyer, it can help you with:
- Establishing a power of attorney
- Getting certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates
- Reducing your property taxes
- Applying for scholarships
- Appealing banned accounts on any website
And much, much more!