How To Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Hawaii
A birth certificate is an essential document that contains most of the personal information about a person. You need your birth certificate to apply for a driver's license or any other identification card.
Losing your birth certificate can create several problems, like not being able to apply for a passport or even enroll in school. Getting a birth certificate copy brings its unique challenges, like having to visit the office in person, which can be an inconvenience if you are not living in that state.
Thankfully, you can quickly get a copy of your birth certificate online through DoNotPay. All you need to do is submit basic personal information about yourself, and we will promptly deliver a copy of the Hawaii birth certificate.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
There are two types of birth certificate copies: authorized and informational copies. Here are the differences between them:
|Authorized Copy||The authorized copy can be used as proof of your identity and can be used in all undertakings requiring an ID.
An authorized copy includes a certification statement and seal from the person who has the legal authority to act on behalf of the State Registrar.
|Informational Copy||The informational copy can be used as a substitute document if you don't have any ID with you at the time. You can also use it for genealogical purposes.
There is no authentication or certification statement included with an informational copy.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Hawaii?
As birth certificates are sensitive documents, their issuance is regulated by the law. To get a birth certificate copy, you must prove your identity to the satisfaction of the Vital Records Office, which issues birth certificates.
If you are requesting on behalf of someone else, you must also provide evidence of your relationship to the person whose record you are requesting.
What Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Hawaii
To request a birth certificate copy in Hawaii, you must send the following to the state registrar:
- A completed application form for a birth certificate copy.
- A photocopy of your valid driver's license or other government-issued photo identification.
- Applicable fees. You can send a check, money order, or cashier's check.
How To Get a Birth Certificate Copy on Your Own in Hawaii
Quite frankly, getting a birth certificate on your own is a daunting task. While the process appears straightforward, in reality, it isn't. There are challenges in applying for a birth certificate copy, such as :
- The process of obtaining a birth certificate is not set out clearly.
- You need to know which office you need to contact. Sending your documents to the wrong place will only slow down the process.
- Birth Certificate copy fees may be higher than what is listed. There are also incidental costs such as transportation costs to the Vital Records Office and postage fees.
It would be best if you don't go through all this hassle. DoNotPay aims to help you save time and money while getting a birth certificate copy in Hawaii.
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate Instantly with the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to get a birth certificate copy in Hawaii but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Hawaii
Getting a birth certificate copy on your own can be difficult. Thankfully DoNotPay can help you get the certificate quickly. You also get the following benefits:
- DoNotPay is secure: your data is kept safe. We have security checks to ensure that only authorized persons can apply for a birth certificate copy.
- DoNotPay is easy to use: just answer a few simple questions, and we will do the rest.
- DoNotPay is affordable: using DoNotPay costs much less than going to an agency in person.
If you want to order a birth certificate copy in Hawaii, then DoNotPay is the service provider you have been waiting for. We will help you get a birth certificate copy in Hawaii in no time.