The Quickest Way to Connect with an Inmate at Hartford Correctional Center
Hartford Correctional Center is a level-4 high-security urban security institution located in Hartford, Connecticut. The prison hosts more than 1,000 inmates, most of whom are categorized as pre-trial detainees. Inmates are allowed to communicate with outsiders, but very tight rules govern every type of communication.
Here is a comprehensive guide on contacting an inmate or loved one at Hartford Correctional Center. An overview of how DoNotPay can make every interaction easy and successful is also included.
Where is Hartford Correctional Center Located?
Hartford Correctional Center is located in the capital of Connecticut, Hartford, about 2.5 miles from downtown. The correctional facility is 13.5 miles from the Bradley International Airport.
Here is an overview of the facility's address and contact information:
|Physical Address||Hartford Correctional Center
177 Weston Street,
Hartford, CT 06120
|Phone Number||(959) 200-3000|
|Visitation Primary Contact||Elvis Ibisevic (959) 200-3042|
How to Contact an Inmate at the Hartford Correctional Center
Hartford Correctional Center allows inmates to talk to outsiders and receive visitors. However, the visitation and communication hours are very strict. You have to book an appointment with the reception to write a letter, make a phone or video call, or arrange a visitation.
It is worth noting that the facility has been limiting physical visitations since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this will change over time as the pandemic eases.
How to Send Money and Packages to Inmates at Hartford Correctional Center
You can send money and packages to inmates at Hartford Correctional Center. Every inmate has an account with the Inmate Trust Fund, where you can deposit cash and packages.
The inmate's account's address varies depending on your location. However, it is vital to get the details right, or else the money or package will not get to the intended inmate. To this end, it is advisable to use platforms such as DoNotPay to ensure accuracy and make the process easier.
Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner
Contacting an inmate anywhere is a big decision. Additionally, all prisons have restrictions about how and when you can communicate with offenders. As such, it is prudent to make the necessary preparations to ensure that the interaction is successful. Here are five tips to point you in the right direction:
- Familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of the facility. For your safety and that of the staff and inmates, there are specific rules you must follow regarding dress code, behavior, and what you are allowed to bring into the facility.
- Prepare yourself emotionally. Connecting with a loved one in a strange situation can be overwhelming and unfamiliar. Remember, you will be watched, listened to, and your mail will be examined. The correctional staff is not known for being accommodating, to say the least.
- Interstate phone calls can be much more expensive than intrastate ones.
- Before you decide to accept inmate phone calls, you should know where they are located. In case you are not sure how to find an inmate, DoNotPay can assist you. Our app has introduced a phenomenal product—Connect With an Inmate—that can locate any inmate for you regardless of what correctional facility in the U.S. they are in.
- To give it a go, open a DoNotPay account in your web browser and
- Select Locate Someone in the Connect With an Inmate tab
- Provide the inmate's name and the state they are in
- Submit the request
DoNotPay will give you the current location of the incarcerated individual within seconds! The platform's network includes Hartford Correctional Center.
Difficulties You May Experience When Contacting Loved Ones at Hartford Correctional Center
Some of the difficulties that you may experience when contacting an inmate or loved one in prison include:
- Travel can be time-consuming and expensive, especially if you are not close to Hartford Correctional Center.
- It is difficult when you have little to no control over communication.
- There can be repeated postponements because of inconsistencies with the prison's scheduling systems.
- Cancellations are common because of complications with an inmate’s status and location.
- You will have to accept the limited talking and interaction durations.
- There will be limited physical contact, especially during the pandemic.
- Dealing with the rules and corrections staff can be overwhelming and unfamiliar.
These problems are especially common when you don't have sufficient experience with the prison's visitation system and policies. However, the process is usually smoother when using services such as DoNotPay.
Get in Touch with Your Loved One at Hartford Correctional Center the Stressfree Way Via DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you get in touch with a loved one behind bars in five easy and quick steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - wait ten days for it to arrive to your loved one!
See how easy that was? You don't need to worry about your mail getting lost or wonder about what can or cannot go in the mail. Let DoNotPay handle it for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay also offers a range of other services and helps solve many problems, including:
- Complications with your credit cards
- Exerting revenge on robocalls
- Stopping spam messages
- Traffic, parking, and speeding tickets
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Suing in small claims courts
- Protection against copyright infringement
- Expediting contact with customer care services
- Scheduling fast DMV appointments
- Dealing with unpayable bills
- Getting refunds from airlines
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Protection against stalking and harassment
- Finding unclaimed funds
So, would you like to contact a loved one at Hartford Correctional Center (or any other prison)? Get in touch with DoNotPay today to learn more about how the platform can help.