How to Connect With an Inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution
Hamilton Correctional Institution is a level four state prison for men that houses minimum, medium, and closed custody inmates. The Florida Department of Corrections has operated the facility since its inception in 1987.
The facility offers educational programs, including GED courses which allow inmates to earn diplomas and adult basic education. In addition, the facility offers vocational programs, chaplaincy services, and other institutional betterment programs.
The institution has a growing population, with the current number standing at 1177. As a result, tracking down an inmate without help can be a tiring task. By using DoNotPay, you are guaranteed to connect with an inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution effortlessly.
Hamilton Correctional Institution Contact Information
The table below shows Hamilton Correctional Center's contact information.
|Physical Address||10650 S.W. 46th Street
|Phone Number||+1 (386) 792-5151|
How Can I Contact an Inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution?
Maintaining social ties is important as it helps the inmate's mental health. You can contact an inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution using the following ways.
Contact an Inmate Via Calls
At Hamilton Correctional Institution, the inmates are not permitted to receive phone calls, but they can make approved phone calls. Before an inmate can make a call, they must submit the telephone number for verification on their approved call list.
An inmate can only communicate on the phone for 15 minutes, from 7 am to 10 pm. However, in case of an emergency, the family should contact the institution Chaplain, who can make an exception for emergency calls.
An inmate can contact you through Securus Technologies. The service provider offers two accounts.
- Direct Bill The account allows an inmate to call, and the receiver pays the phone charges monthly.
- AdvancedConnect The account is a prepaid service set up by the receiver that allows the receiver to control how much will be spent on inmate calls.
In addition, you can opt to use JPAY. JPAY is a service that allows you to send money after registration to an inmate so they can pay for phone calls. Once you have an account, enter the institution's name and the inmate's ID number. The money will reflect in the inmate's account within 24 hours. There are two accounts with JPAY.
- Phone Account Depositing funds under a phone account allows inmates to make calls to anyone on their approved caller list.
- Friends and Family AdvanceConnect Account Sending money to an inmate through the AdvanceConnect account limits the inmate on whom they can contact. The inmate can only call you if you are on their approved call list. Therefore, before opening the account, confirm that you are on the approved caller list by inquiring from the inmate.
Scheduling a Visit to the Institution
You must be on the inmate's visitor list and have your visitor's application form approved to enter the correctional institution. The registration process is extensive, so you are advised to apply in advance to allow the inmate time to approve the visitor's list.
Any visitor aged 12 years and above should fill out an application to visit an inmate. Visiting hours at Hamilton Correctional Institution are on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. The registration process begins at 8:15 a.m, and visitors are not processed after 2:00 p.m.
While at the institution, you will be subjected to an intense search using a:
- Metal detector
- Magnetostatic detector
- A pat search
- A barrier search done by a canine handler
You will get the go-ahead into the institution after an uneventful search. During your visit, you are only allowed two items:
- A maximum of $50 ($1, $5, $10, and $20 denominations only) in a small pouch or wallet
- Only one car key with no key chain.
The dress code in the visiting room should be decent as the institution is conservative. Failure to abide by the dressing code rules, you will be denied entry into the institution.
Contact the Inmate by Sending Mails
Sending a letter to an inmate should not contain any sexually explicit material either in writing or photography. The mail can include:
- A maximum of twenty stamps
- 15 pages or fewer letters
- Pictures excluding polaroids or anything larger than 8"x10."
- Greeting cards without a non-paper part or electronic.
Ensure to follow the following format so that the inmate can promptly receive the letter.
Inmate's full name and the DOC number
Hamilton Correctional Institution
10650 S.W. 46th Street
Jasper, Florida 32052-1360
How to Send Money to an Inmate in Hamilton Correctional Institution
There are several ways to send an inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution money. They include:
1. By Using JPay
JPay allows you to send funds directly into an inmate's account. However, you need to register to access the services. You can deposit money to an inmate's account via:
- App or Website Send money to an inmate using your credit or debit card. Simply visit the JPAY website or download the JPay Mobile App available on Google Play (for Android phones) or Apple App Store (for iPhones).
- By Phone Send money using a debit or credit card by calling (800) 574-5729.
- Mail Money Order Fill in the money order form and mail it to:
P.O. Box 260010
Hollywood, FL 33026
2. Through MoneyGram
To use MoneyGram as a means of sending an inmate money, visit any MoneyGram office, including CVS pharmacies and Walmarts stores. Head to any of the stores mentioned above with cash, and the person in charge will direct you on how to send money to an inmate. Ensure that you know the inmate's full name and their DOC number.
Can I Send Packages to an Inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution?
Before sending your package, inquire from the inmate on what items they need. Also, contact the institution to know the things they prohibit. It can take up to 21 days for an inmate to receive the package. Some of the allowed commodities include personal hygiene items like shampoo, toothpaste, deodorants, and food items such as coffee, candies, and seafood.
How to Get in Touch With Your Locked-Up Loved Ones With the Help of DoNotPay
Contacting a detained friend or relative via mail or third parties is a long and challenging task. In addition, you can be unsuccessful in getting in touch with the inmate. DoNotPay helps you access an inmate without trouble using these simple steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Steps to Take Before Calling a Prisoner
You should know the calling location of the phone call from prison before accepting it because of the charges to be incurred. However, if you don't know how to find an inmate, DoNotPay will assist you. We have an excellent product called Connect with an Inmate, which helps you locate an inmate at any correctional institution within the U.S.
- Create a DoNotPay account on your web browser
- Click ‘Locate Someone’ in the Connect with an Inmate button
- Give the inmate's name and their state
- Complete the process by submitting the form
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay can help you connect with an inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution. In addition, we work with the private, public sector, and service providers to ensure that you obtain quality services and information with ease at your comfort.
Sign up with DoNotPay and access all these services on one platform.
- Cancel subscriptions and old memberships
- Pay bills online easily
- Get protection from harassment and stalking
- Schedule your DMV appointments
- Claim refunds from canceled or delayed flights