How to Order a Gregg County Birth Certificate Online
Gregg County is just like the rest of Texas – an amazing place to call home. It's a midsized community with an array of both rural and urban areas to suit every citizen. From shopping, eating, and local culture to relaxation, nightlife, and entertainment, the quality of life is above average no matter what you like to do. The population is approximately 124,239 and is always on the rise, which you can tell by the many Gregg County birth certificates created each year.
Hundreds of people per year find a need to obtain a copy of a birth certificate, either for themselves, a parent, a child, or another dependent. While this is a familiar problem, it isn't as easy to do for everyone as you might think.
Types of Birth Certificates
There are two basic types of birth certificates available. The type you need will depend on what you plan to use it for. Both types will contain some of the same information and usually cost between ten and twenty dollars to obtain. They won't both be helpful for every use.
The two types of birth certificates are:
Most formal purposes require an authorized birth certificate. All other purposes can use an informational birth certificate.
|Authorized Copies of Birth Certificates||Acquiring an authorized copy of a birth certificate necessitates certain credentials because they are used to prove a person's identity.|
|Informational Copies of Birth Certificates||Anyone can typically get an informational copy of a birth certificate.
Detailed personal information is removed from informational birth certificates to prevent people from stealing someone’s identidy.
Who Can Get a Copy of a Gregg County Birth Certificate?
Only certain people can obtain a copy of a birth certificate in Gregg County, Texas. The simplest way to get a birth certificate is to get a copy of your own. Others can get copies of someone else's birth certificate if they can satisfy specific criteria, such as:
- Direct relatives, like a parent or child
- Legal guardians
- Authorized delegate
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Gregg County?
The processing time for a birth certificate order in Gregg County is approximately 5 business days. It may take longer if the birthdate is very old, or more than one copy is ordered. If the order is via postal mail, it could take up to 10 days.
The quickest way to get a copy of a birth certificate is to come to the office in person. It usually takes less than an hour, depending on how busy the office is, and providing you have all the necessary documentation.
What Type of Documentation do you Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate?
All requests for a birth certificate copy must be accompanied by an application form. They are available on the website and in the office. The application must be filled out completely and accompany the fee and supporting documents. Bring one item from the list below:
- State-issued driver's license
- S. government-issued photo ID
- S. or foreign passport
- Tribal ID or military ID card
If you don't have any of those, you may bring two items from this list:
- Bank statement
- Traffic citation
- Vehicle registration/title
- Current, dated, and signed lease
- Earnings statement from IRS
- Health insurance card
- Utility bill
If I Can't Get a Copy on My Own, What Should I Do?
If you want to get birth records in Gregg County, Texas, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
With DoNotPay’s help, you can also learn a few more things about birth certificates, such as:
- Where to get a birth certificate?
- How to request a birth certificate online?
- How to get a birth certificate for newborns?
- How to replace a lost birth certificate?
Try it today and start saving time and money!