How To Contact Greenville Animal Control
Every year, animal bites, including both dogs and cats, account for millions of injuries and hospital visits. Over 800,000 of those injuries are serious enough to require medical attention and treatment. Animal bites, however, are not the only challenge people with animal-induced injuries experience. Scratches and joint injuries, among others, can also occur due to animals that are unsupervised, untrained, and out of control. DoNotPay can help you to contact and communicate with your local Greenville animal control.
This article covers four key points:
- How to reach Greenville, SC animal control by yourself
- How to report dangerous animals to Greenville animal control using DoNotPay
- A little more information about Greenville animal control and emergency situations
- And other ways DoNotPay might be able to help
If you’re worried about a nuisance animal, you’re in a hurry to report it. You can do this yourself, during normal business hours, or you can let DoNotPay handle it for you. Let’s dive in.
Greenville, SC Animal Control Contact Information
The table below shows contact information for the animal control office in Greenville, SC.
|Organization name||Greenville Animal Control|
|Phone Number||(864) 467-7595|
|After hours services?||May be offered on a case by case basis|
Keep in mind that animal control officers are human beings, too. They work standard business hours and aren’t always available on weekends.
When to Call Greenville Animal Control
Animal control officers in Greenville work during normal business hours.They’ll come to collect a stray dog or cat - or another animal - during those times. Contact them when:
- You see a stray dog or cat roaming the neighborhood
- There’s a nuisance pet causing a commotion
- You’ve lost a pet in Greenville and are looking for them
If there is a genuine emergency - say a dog mauled your child - call 911 first. Children, in particular, need immediate medical attention. Even if you believe your child wasn’t harmed, if they’re involved with any animal altercation, get them to a doctor right away. They may need a test or vaccination for rabies, stitches, and ongoing treatments.
What Services Aren’t Handled by Greenville Animal Control?
In Greenville, SC, the animal control office deals with strays and nuisance animals. They will not:
- Remove roadkill - Contact the Public Services and Facilities Department at 864-467-7016 for assistance with the disposal of dead animals. If the dead animal is on private property, the property owner is responsible for it’s removal.
- Deal with wildlife - For that you need Wildlife Rehab of Greenville. You can contact them at 864-233-0339.
Now, let’s imagine it’s the weekend, and you need to report a nuisance dog. You try leaving messages at the Greenville animal control office, but no one answers. You call the police, but they’re too busy to deal with it. Use DoNotPay.
DoNotPay is always the fastest, easiest, and most effective way to deal with animal control. We’ll make sure your report gets to the right people, and it will be time stamped, too. If you need to prove that you reported the incident later (if there’s a lawsuit down the road), you’ll have legal documentation from the world’s first robot lawyer.
Contacting Greenville Animal Control with DoNotPay
If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.
- Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.
- Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).
It’s so easy. DoNotPay will file paperwork on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.
Report Dog Bites Anywhere with DoNotPay
What if you’re on vacation in sunny California when you’re attacked by an animal? DoNotPay can help. We can report animal incidents in any city or county, from Texas to Atlanta to Pennsylvania. From Los Angeles to Miami to Ohio, and all the little communities in between, we can help you communicate with animal control.
If you have children or pets in Greenville, DoNotPay will quickly become your go-to resource. But reporting dog bites and animal issues aren’t the only things you can do with the app. Whether you need to find a great school or sue a tech giant, DoNotPay makes it easy. Try it today!