All About The Greene Correctional Facility
The Green Correctional Facility in New York is a medium and maximum security jail that can hold up to about 1,800 male inmates at a time. Built in the mid-30s and later opened in '89, the institution has survived nearly a century in Greene County and harbored some of the most dangerous criminals in the area.
Communication with inmates can be done via in-person/virtual inmate visitation, pen pal letters or written letters from loved ones, and through scheduled phone calls. Since visiting hours are only on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays from nine in the morning until three in the evening, letters are often the best form of communication.
You can write and send the letters yourself. However, DoNotPay can make the process so much quicker and easier. Our Connect With an Inmate product can guide you through the entire process, take your written words and send them on your behalf, and even convert inmate letters into digital form for easier access.
Greene Correctional Facility Contact Information
When you're ready to get in contact with a loved one in prison or jail, it can be a challenge finding the information you need to make it happen. However, DoNotPay is committed to making the process as easy as possible for you.
Here is the contact information you may need to get in touch with the Greene Correctional Facility directly:
|Physical Address||165 Plank Road, Coxsackie, New York 12051-0008|
|Phone Number||(518) 731 2741|
|Website||Greene Correctional Facility’s website|
|Contact Form||Online Form|
Sending Mail and Packages to Greene Correctional Facility
According to the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, the Greene Correctional Facility does encourage family and friends to send mail to inmates in its institution.
While they do allow mail and packages, they also emphasize that they will not accept anything that threatens the life or safety of the recipient, other inmates, guards, and the facility. They also will not accept the following items in envelopes:
- Letters that are not from you exclusively (children are an exception).
- Postage stamps
- Polaroid photos
- Photographs with nudity in them
For more insight into items you can and cannot send to Greene Correctional Facility inmates, check out the institution's Family Guide: Allowable Items page.
To Send Mail and Packages to an Inmate, You’ll Need the Following Mailing Address:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Greene Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 975
Coxsackie, New York 12051-0975
How DoNotPay Can Connect You With a Greene Correctional Facility Inmate
When trying to connect with a Greene Correctional Facility inmate, the most common form of communication is mail—i.e., sending and receiving letters. While you can take on this task yourself, you don't have to.
DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate feature will send a physical copy of your letter to an inmate for you and guide you through the entire process. This way, you can give all your focus to the important message you want to give to your loved one.
Likewise, DoNotPay will also grant you access to a virtual mailbox that takes the physical letters your loved one sends to you and digitizes them for easier access.
All you need is:
- The inmate's booking number or I.D.
- Facility name (in this case, Greene Correctional Facility)
Five Steps You Can Take With DoNotPay if You Need to Locate an Inmate
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
Why Use DoNotPay?
One of the biggest reasons to work with DoNotPay is that you can access several products that can get you through some of the toughest (or most tedious) daily tasks. Our automated platform doesn't just help you write a prisoner in the Greene Correctional Facility and show you how to address letters.
We can also help you with other problems you may be having, such as
- Disputing seatbelt tickets you don't want to pay.
- Settling on divorce agreements without the hassle of getting your hands on paperwork by yourself.
- Finding discounts on all your favorite products and services.
- Acquiring the right hunting license before the season begins.
DoNotPay can make your life easier in so many ways. All you have to do is signup and you’re good to go.