Does Green Dot Do Cash Back?
The Green Dot cash back cards may just be the rewards cards you are looking for. The 2% cashback card is designed for people who do a lot of buying online and who use apps to make purchases. The 5% Green Dot cash back card is a prepaid card and may suit people who want to keep tighter control over their spending and who also want to build their credit score while earning cashback rewards.
DoNotPay explains what cashback you get with Green Dot cards, how to redeem your Green Dot Visa debit card cashback rewards, and what fees you may have to pay.
Green Dot is a financial institution based in California and specializes in online banking services. It offers debit cards, credit cards, regular bank accounts, and high-yield savings accounts. It is a branchless bank but has more than 90,000 retail distribution locations across America.
DoNotPay will help you to choose the Green Dot cash back card that is right for you. DoNotPay also helps you to generally understand reward cards, as well as about cashback in general. DoNotPay also explains cards how cashback works on credit cards. Because Green Dot debit cards have some unique features, you may also want to look at Discover Card.
About Green Dot Cashback Cards
Green Dot's 2% cashback card is intended to be used for online purchases, so you may want to know more about other cashback apps. The 2% cashback reward is earned, for example, when you buy through PayPal. This other article tells you more about PayPal itself.
You can buy the 5% prepaid Green Dot card at stores like Walmart, which also offers its own cashback cards, so here is an easy way to compare the two programs. If you want to learn more about virtual credit cards and how to avoid unwanted charges, this article will help.
Like Green Dot, other banks offer cashback reward programs to their customers. Citibank does, so if you want to compare cashback rewards, charges, and other details, this may be useful and help you make the right decisions. Apple is another famous name that offers its own payment systems, so you may want to compare Apple Card and Apple Pay, with Green Dot. Now let us look at Green Dot cashback rewards cards in detail.
Green Dot 2% Cash Back Card
Green Dot's 2% cashback rewards card lets you earn 2% cashback on online and mobile app purchases. It also pays you 2% APY on your savings. APY, by the way, stands for Annual Percentage Yield.
How the 2% Cash Back Card Works
You can apply for the green dot card here. You must open a Green Dot bank account. You do this online by visiting the company website. Once your account and card are activated, you:
- Earn 2% cashback on approved online and mobile purchases. To get the 2%, the merchant must have an approved online merchant category code (MCC.) Some online merchants also have brick-and-mortar stores, so their MCC may not get you the 2% cashback even if you buy online.
- Pay with your debit card or mobile wallet through Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay.
- May withdraw cash at no charge from your bank account using any of the thousands of ATMs within the Green Dot network.
- Get up to $200 of overdraft protection. You must opt-in for this protection, and you must have an eligible direct deposit.
What Do I Do to Get a Green Dot Cash Back Card?
You must be 18 years or older and must provide basic personal information. You must provide your:
- Name, address, etc.
- Social Security number.
- Mobile phone number or email address.
- Must pay the first month's fee of $7.95. This fee is payable each month or can be waived if you direct deposit at least $500 each month. This is usually your wages, tips income, or salary, but it can be from any source.
How Do I Earn and Claim My Green Dot Cash Back?
- The 2% cashback is unlimited on approved online purchases.
- You may claim your reward once every twelve months.
- You must keep your bank account in good standing.
There Are Costs
Please be aware that there is a standard monthly card charge of $7.95. This charge is waived if you spend at least $1000 in the previous month. You also pay $3 to use an out-of-network ATM, and you pay 50 cents to use an ATM to check your balance.
These charges, and not spending $1000 a month, will reduce the value of your annual rewards.
The 5% Green Dot Prepaid Cash Back Visa Card
The Green Dot 5% cashback card is a prepaid card. You may have a card balance of up to $10,000, and you may spend up to $3000 per day.
|How Do I Get a Green Dot 5% Cash Back Card?||You may buy the card at many stores, including
Please bear in mind these other terms and conditions:
|How Do I Activate My Green Dot Green 5% Cash Back Card?||Once you have the card, go to Green Dot's website and:
Can DoNotPay Do It for Me?
The easiest way to apply for or get your Green Dot card registered and activated is to leave it to DoNotPay. After reading all the details about how you earn cashback, what charges you pay, and what limits there are to earning cash back, you may want to ask DoNotPay to search for other cashback reward debit cards for you.
If that sounds like a good idea, you just need to follow these three simple steps:
- Search for Cash Back on the DoNotPay website.
- Kick-off the process to find the right app or website for you.
- Answer some specific questions so that we can help you start making money!
And that is it! DoNotPay will use the info you input to search, and then send you the best cashback options we can find and help you to start earning more cashback on your purchases!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Many people have issues they want to find out more about, problems to solve, and rewards to get. DoNotPay provides a lot of ideas and direct help. so, take a look at these suggestions, and see how DoNotPay can help. For example:
- Get help to pay bills.
- See how you can get gift card cash backs.
- See how you can start a free trial without risking getting charged when the free part ends.
- Find out about company customer care departments.
- Learn how to get free raffle tickets.
- Are you due money from previous employment, etc., but the money has gone missing?
- Do you need help disputing a parking ticket?
DoNotPay is here for you. So, if you would like to start by checking out cash cards, including Green Dot, start here.