Get in Touch With an Inmate at Green Bay Correctional Institution
If you know your friend or loved one is incarcerated at Green Bay Correctional Institution, how can you find them and make contact? Also called GBCI, this maximum-security prison—originally an old factory—was founded in 1898 and operated on 54 acres in Allouez, Wisconsin. It houses roughly a thousand men.
Maintaining relationships outside of prison is beneficial to inmates, reducing their risk of repeating past crimes. It's also beneficial to loved ones, as they can maintain and even strengthen healthy relationships with their incarcerated friends and family. That's why the prison system makes it a priority to help interact with inmates through letters, phone and video calls, and in-person visitation.
But before you can reach out to a loved one inside Green Bay Correctional Institution, you have to know some basic details about the prisoner. We'll show you how to search for an inmate the traditional way and how to connect and communicate with an inmate the easy way—with DoNotPay.
How to Confirm an Inmate Is Incarcerated at GBCI With the Offender Locator Form
You can find out where an inmate is incarcerated and find their Department of Corrections ID number by filling out the Offender Locator form. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections (DOC) Offender Locator website.
- Read the description, legal notices, and privacy notices.
- Click "I Agree."
- Fill out as much information as you can, including the inmate's:
- Legal name
- Possible aliases, if any
- Age range or birth year
- Last known address (before incarceration)
- In the very lower right-hand corner (it can be hard to find if you don't know where to look), click "Search."
You'll be given as much information as possible about the inmate, including their DOC number and their place of incarceration.
General Contact Information for Green Bay Correctional Institution
If you need to reach GBCI's administrative offices, or you want to know more about the prison's inmate programs, here's the information you need:
|Physical Address||Green Bay Correctional Institution
2833 Riverside Dr
Allouez, WI 54301
|Website||DOC Green Bay Correctional Institution|
|Email (For information purposes only)||DOC General|
How to Send Mail to a Green Bay Correctional Institution Inmate
While inmates can't accept incoming phone calls, you can write to an incarcerated person at GBCI once you have the inmate's DOC number.
- You can send your letters to
Inmate Name + ID Number
Green Bay Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 19033
Green Bay, WI 54307-9033
If you'd like more information on addressing and sending letters to GCBI inmates, including the regulations that apply to inmate mail and packages, you'll find it here. Looking for a pen pal at Green Bay Correctional Institution? This website will help you make a new friend and help an inmate who otherwise has no or few outside contacts.
How to Send Money to a GBCI Inmate
GCBI does not allow inmates to receive money directly through the mail, but you can deposit money into their Access Corrections account. Here's how it works:
1. Transfer money through Access Corrections website at Access Corrections
2. Call Access Corrections at (866) 345-1884 to transfer money by phone.
3. Send a personal check, money order, or cashier's check to Access Corrections:
- Make the payment instrument out to Access Secure Deposits.
- All payments must be accompanied by this deposit form.
- DOC number must be written on the check or money order, as well as on the deposit slip.
- The envelope should not contain anything but the deposit slip and the check/money order.
- The writing on the form, payment instrument, and envelope must be legible and written in black or blue ink.
- Mail the payment to
- Secure Deposits – Wisconsin DOC, P.O. Box 12486, St Louis, MO 63132
4. Find a cash-only walk-in deposit location through Access Correction's partner program at CashPayToday.
How to Visit an Inmate at Green Bay Correctional Institution
Visitation policies are complicated, and you can read about the rules and visiting hours at Green Bay Correctional Institution Visiting Guidelines. The regulations cover everything from dress codes to the types of personal medications visitors can bring with them and vary according to the permissions granted to the inmate.
Before you can visit an inmate classified as in administrative confinement or segregation, you will be subjected to a rigorous screening process.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
When you're ready to reach out to someone at Green Bay Correctional Institution, but you want help finding the right contact information and tips for communicating with an inmate, DoNotPay has you covered:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Advocate for You
Aside from helping you locate an inmate at Green Bay Correctional Institution, DoNotPay can assist with hundreds of other tedious tasks, including
- Suing people and companies in small claims court.
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy.
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights.
- Contesting parking tickets.
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay.
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment.
- Getting refunds from other companies.
- Signing up for free trials risk-free.
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever.
- Stopping text spam.
- Applying for clinical trials.
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement.
- Get in touch with your incarcerated loved ones.
- Signing up for services without phone verification.
- Find any unclaimed funds under your name.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Connected With a GBCI Inmate?
Because we're easy. When you use our Connect with an Inmate Service, there's no searching through links and downloadable forms to find the information you need. Get in contact with your friend and loved one today.