How to Apply for Section 8 Through Great Falls Housing Authority
Safe, affordable housing should be available for everyone. However, in many areas across the country, soaring rent prices make it difficult for some individuals and families to afford decent housing. To tackle this problem, the federal government and public housing authorities (PHA), including Great Falls Housing Authority, provide Section 8 and rental assistance programs to allow low-income families and individuals the opportunity to afford sanitary, safe housing. Unfortunately, finding out where to fill out Section 8 forms and determining program eligibility can be difficult to navigate on your own.
Finding affordable, safe housing shouldn't be a struggle. Trust DoNotPay to help you immediately get Section 8. We will contact Great Falls Housing Authority, or the PHA in your locality, to make the Section 8 application process as stress-free as possible.
What Great Falls Housing Authority Does
The Great Falls Housing Authority provides safe, affordable housing to qualifying residents of Great Falls, MT. The Great Falls City Commission appoints seven members to the GFHA Board of Commissioners to serve the community. GFHA offers public housing and Section 8 rental assistance to eligible individuals and families by managing:
- The Great Falls Section 8 housing program;
- Five public housing complexes; and
- 24 affordable housing units
Great Falls Housing Authority Low-Income Housing Programs
GFHA offers three programs for eligible individuals searching for low-income housing in Great Falls, Montana.
|Housing Choice Vouchers||The program provides Section 8 housing vouchers to assist accepted families with monthly rental payments. Most qualifying participants pay approximately 30% of their household's adjusted income for rent.|
|Subsidized Public Housing||Great Falls Housing Authority owns and operates 490 apartments to provide housing to income-qualifying residents. Families accepted into the program are responsible for paying rent of approximately 30% of their household's income, and HUD subsidizes the balance of the rent by paying the landlord directly.|
|Affordable Housing Program||In addition to subsidized low-income housing, GFHA owns 32 apartments that give low/moderate-income individuals the opportunity for affordable housing in Great Falls, Montana. Rent for the 32 apartments is set to ensure everyone can enjoy safe, affordable housing. Contact GFHA for current rental rates.|
Eligibility for Section 8 Housing in Great Falls
The two main considerations for determining eligibility for Section 8 are
- Household income
- Family size
Other criteria applicants must meet to be eligible for public housing in Great Falls:
- Over the age of 18
- Be a United States citizen or eligible immigrant status
- Be a Montana resident
- Successfully pass a criminal background check conducted at the expense of GFHA
- Meet the definition of a family as outlined by HUD
How to Apply for Low-Income Housing in Great Falls
The Great Falls Housing Authority currently doesn't offer online Section 8 government housing applications. Therefore, you must either pick up a Section 8 application form in person or download and print the application from the GFHA website. To successfully apply for low-income housing in Great Falls, MT, follow these steps:
- Determine your eligibility for Section 8 or public housing.
- Visit the Great Falls Housing Authority office during business hours (Monday-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM) to pick up an application.
- Alternatively, you can print the section 8 application from GFHA's website.
- Complete the application and attach any required documentation.
- Drop off your completed application during normal business hours at 1500 Chowen Springs Loop, Great Falls MT, 59405-2564.
- Alternatively, you can mail your completed section 8 application to the address above or FAX it to 406-727-5566.
- Wait for a response from GFHA to see if you are accepted into a Great Falls low-income housing program.
- Find an approved rental and move in.
Contact Information for Great Falls Housing Authority
Here are several ways to reach Great Falls Housing Authority:
|Address||1500 Chowen Springs Loop, Great Falls, MT 59405|
Factors for Automatic Denials for Great Falls Housing Authority Housing Programs
During the criminal background check period, some factors can result in an automatic denial of admission into a Great Falls low-income housing program.
- Individuals convicted of methamphetamine production on the premises of federally assisted housing are permanently prohibited from PHA's public housing.
- Individuals evicted for drug-related criminal activities are not eligible for public housing for three years.
- Individuals or family members who are lifetime registered sex offenders are prohibited from public housing program admission.
Let DoNotPay Help You Navigate the Great Falls Section 8 Application Process
If you decide the process for applying for Section 8 in Great Falls, Montana is confusing, or you can't find the time to get the HUD housing application, DoNotPay can help.
DoNotPay contacts Great Falls Housing Authority on your behalf to quickly start the application process. You never have to worry about making time out of your busy schedule to pick up an application or wonder about the next step to getting public housing in Great Falls. All the information will conveniently be emailed to you. You can move forward with accessing quality, affordable housing.
How DoNotPay Helps You Apply for Section 8 Housing in Great Falls
If you want to apply for public housing in Great Falls but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 2 easy steps:
- Answer a few questions about your income, family size, veteran/disability status, which county you hope to live in, etc.
- DoNotPay will find the PHA in charge of that county and contact them with all of your eligibility information to determine if you can start applying. They'll get back to you directly via email with the next steps.
It's really that simple with DoNotPay. Contact us to learn how we can help you navigate the Section 8 application process in Great Falls, MT, or any area in the United States.
DoNotPay Helps With So Much More Than Dealing With Local Housing Authorities
While the world's first robot lawyer makes applying for public housing fast and easy, DoNotPay can help with almost any time-consuming or difficult task.
- File a complaint against any company in minutes
- How to get DMV appointments with less hassle
- Get help with paying bills
- Get access to free trials for almost every product or service