How to Get the Best Packages at Grandview Nursing Home
If you are a senior who needs assistance with daily living activities, you may be considering a nursing home. Nursing homes provide 24-hour care and service with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming. Grandview Nursing Home is a reputable nursing home that offers residents quality care and assistance.
There are many different types of senior living, each with benefits and drawbacks. It's essential to find the right fit for both the individual and the family. It can be difficult finding the right senior living option for a loved one. There are many factors to consider, such as cost, location, and level of care.
The process can feel like trying unsuccessfully to solve a Rubik's cube at times, looking through countless listings until finally seeing something promising just when all hope seems lost. However, understanding the various types of senior living and what each entails makes the search much less daunting. DoNotPay can help.
What Should You Consider When You’re Looking for a Senior Care Facility?
If you're a family member or friend who has been considering an older relative's move into these facilities, here are some of the things to consider:
- The person's health and physical abilities: This is the most crucial factor to consider when deciding whether or not a person is ready for a senior living facility. The person should be healthy and non-disabled enough to afford the expected level of care in the facility.
- Space: Whether the person is sharing a room with someone else currently or not, there should always be enough space in the room. Of course, there are also common areas in the facility to consider, such as lounges and dining rooms. Some facilities do allow pets; make sure this is permitted in advance and that your loved one would be fine with having a pet in their space.
- The staff: The quality of life for your loved ones greatly depends on how they treat them. Make sure that you can get a sense of how they treat those living in the facility.
- The food: This is an intricate part for many, as it can feel your loved one is being forced into eating things that they may not enjoy or be accustomed to. However, this is an integral part of their physical health and well-being.
- The activities: Some seniors enjoy physical exercise, while others prefer intellectual stimulation or social interaction. Make sure that the facility offers a variety of things for them to do during the day. This could be in the form of group exercises and recreational games.
Assisted Living vs Nursing Homes
Some specific individuals may benefit from moving into a nursing home rather than an assisted living facility. Some of these cases include:
- The person requires 24-hour medical care, such as help with daily tasks like bathing and dressing.
- They require more complex levels of care, such as round-the-clock monitoring for problems such as incontinence or diabetes.
- They cannot live independently but would also not afford the higher cost of an assisted living facility.
The Differences in Cost Between Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
The average monthly cost for an assisted living facility is around $3,500 to $4,000. A nursing home will cost about twice as much on average per month, at a rate of approximately $7,100 a month.
How Do You Find the Best Senior Living?
By researching and understanding the different types of senior living, you can better understand which one will suit your loved one the best. Some traditional ways of finding senior living options include:
- Consulting with a geriatric care manager can provide an objective overview of the person's needs and which facilities would be the best fit.
- Visiting assisted living or nursing homes in person.
- Asking friends and family members for their recommendations.
- Using online resources such as directories or review websites like Yelp or SeniorAdvisor.com.
You can also use the resources of a site like DoNotPay to help make the process easier. With our easy-to-use chatbot, you can get personalized assistance finding a suitable facility for your needs.
DoNotPay Makes It Easy to Find the Best Nursing Home Facility
With DoNotPay's Senior Living Assistance product, the whole process is broken down into five simple steps:
- Find the best senior living home near you. Whether it's for you or your loved one, we'll help you right from the get-go and find the top 5 senior care homes in your area based on your preference of independent living, assisted living, memory care, and more. We'll generate a full report on the top 5 results with detailed information for our top choice, including the amenities, dining options, and reviews for that facility.
- Let DoNotPay get the price estimates. Once you find the right senior living home, we'll contact them on your behalf to find out their pricing options that fit you, so you don't have to waste time on the phone.
- Let DoNotPay ask questions/request more information on your behalf. You probably have a few questions now that you have the price estimates and a better idea of the facility. DoNotPay can contact the senior living home again to ask your questions and request more information on your behalf.
- Schedule a tour and see the place in person. The next step is to tour the facility and see if it's genuinely a good fit. DoNotPay can schedule the tour on your behalf for a date and time that's convenient for you.
- Negotiate the living costs. Now that you've settled on a good place, it's time to get an actual price estimate/offer and see if it's affordable. If the price is above your ideal budget, DoNotPay can generate a negotiation letter that you can give to the facility to waive entrance fees and lower the monthly payments.
How to Get the Best Nursing Home Facility with DoNotPay
If you want to find a senior living home or negotiate costs but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Senior Living Assistance product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options that best fits your request.
- Enter the name of the home you have in mind, or enter a general location so we can search for the best options.
- Tell us more about the person applying for the home (you or your loved one) and select any special treatments that are required.
- Estimate your monthly budget.
- If you're scheduling a tour, enter the date and time you want to schedule the tour for. If you're requesting more information, please enter the questions you have / what type of information you want to request.
- Enter your contact information, including name, email, address and phone number.
And that's it. DoNotPay will take care of the rest on your behalf. Whether you want to find the best home near you, get the pricing estimate, schedule a tour, request more info, or negotiate living costs, DoNotPay can save you time by getting it done automatically.
How Can You Negotiate the Living Cost in a Nursing Home?
When you've found the right nursing home for you or a loved one, it's time for the negotiation process. Nursing home costs vary depending on the location, size, and type of home, so it's essential to negotiate the best deal. DoNotPay can generate a negotiation letter on your behalf to waive entrance fees and lower the monthly payments.
Since price is one of the main reasons a family may try to avoid assisted living, we decided to look a little deeper into the cost. There are several things that may make the cost of assisted living cheaper for you.
|Personal Insurance and Employer Insurance||If you have private insurance, then they may cover a certain amount of assisted living costs. You will need to check your policy to find out how much your insurance will cover.|
|Personal Property||If you or a loved one has personal property, such as a house, the facility may take it as a way to help your cost become lower. This is not always ideal for most people because it means the property cannot be willed to loved ones.|
|Medicaid or Medicare||Medicaid and Medicare are great options to keep the cost of nursing home stays lower. However, they will only cover some nursing homes. If a home does not have the proper certificates, then you may be left with the bill. You should also keep in mind that there is a chance these providers will only cover a certain amount of time in the facility.|
|Social Security Benefits||When you stay at a nursing home, your social security checks will likely be applied to the cost of your residency. This can help take some of the sting out of having to pay the whole amount out of pocket.|
|Veterans Benefits||If you or your loved one qualify for veteran benefits, the government may pay more of your overall cost for care.|
Why Use DoNotPay to Find a Nursing Home?
DoNotPay is an award-winning service that helps people get the best out of their legal rights. With Senior Living Assistance, we make it easy for you to find the top 5 nursing homes in your area and get pricing estimates so you can make an informed decision. We'll also schedule a tour for you and negotiate on your behalf to make sure you get the best out of your money.
DoNotPay provides detailed information on each option, including amenities, dining options, reviews of the facility, etc., which are available on our state-of-the-art website or via phone/email if you need more information on the go. You can also use our service to schedule a tour, get pricing estimates, and request more information from the nursing home – all without lifting a finger.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to Senior Living Assistance, DoNotPay offers various legal services that can help you in your time of need. These include:
- Schedule Appointments With the DMV—If you need to take your driving test, renew your license, or get a new registration, DoNotPay can help schedule an appointment with the DMV for you.
- Request Jury Duty Leave -- If you need to take time off work for jury duty, DoNotPay can help you request the leave from your boss.
- Financial Aid Appeal Letters -- If you need help appealing your college decision of financial assistance, DoNotPay can generate a letter to submit along with other necessary documents to appeal the decision.
- Copyright Protection -- If someone is infringing on your copyright, DoNotPay can help you send a DMCA takedown notice to the infringer.
- Insurance Claims -- If you've been in an accident or your property has been damaged, DoNotPay can help you file a claim with your insurance company.
Get back to focusing on what matters in life - sign up for DoNotPay now.