All About Giphy's Terms of Service
If you use social media, texting, or messaging apps, you are aware of GIFs and animated stickers. Giphy is an online database where users can search for short looping videos that resemble animated GIFs and share them with others. When you use Giphy, you automatically agree with the , so it is important that you understand them, and fortunately, DoNotPay can help with that.
What's in the Giphy Terms of Service?
Before you begin using Giphy, you should read the Terms of Service to make sure you agree and will abide by the terms they outline, because it is a legally binding contract. Understanding the Terms of Service will also help you recognize if they are violating your privacy rights.
Giphy Terms of Service Overview
The last effective date for the Giphy Terms of Service was May 23, 2018. When you agree to the Terms of Service agreement, you will have access to all related products, services, features, content, or applications. However, your access is also governed in conjunction with additional documents:
- DMCA Copyright Policy
- Giphy API Terms (if applicable)
- Community Guidelines
You will find links to these documents in the introduction.
What You Can Expect in the Giphy Terms of Service
As you read through the , you will find 15 sections of terms following the introductory information:
- Your Account
- Content You Contribute
- Giphy's Proprietary Rights
- Acceptable Use
- Links to Third-Party Services
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law; Time Limitation on Claims
- Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver
- Use of the Services on a Mobile Device
- Apple Device and Application Terms
As you can see, there is quite a bit of information to cover, and this does not include the other four documents that are discussed in the introduction.
Many adults admit to not reading the Terms of Service for websites, apps, and programs they use. They are long and tedious, and for some people, confusing. If you are one of those people, how do you know what you are agreeing with, or if your rights are being violated? Simply put - you don't.
Learn to Analyze Giphy Terms of Service on Your Own
It is your responsibility to read, understand, and abide by the Giphy Terms of Service.
Here are a few tips to help:
- Read the summary after each section that starts with "In other words..." because it gives a quick overview of the legal/technical part of the contract preceding it. This is a great feature provided by Giphy that not a lot of companies include so take advantage of it.
- Make sure you understand how your data is used. Can you opt out of how it is stored or shared?
- Pay special attention to the Arbitration Agreement - the TOS specifically says it is IMPORTANT and encourages you to review it carefully.
- Pay attention to text that stands out with all caps, italics, bold print, or is underlined. Giphy is calling your attention to specific sections by doing this.
- Follow the links. Any time additional links are included in a Terms of Service, it is because the agreement is tied to more information or those documents outline or give more detailed information.
Let DoNotPay Help You Quickly Analyze Giphy Terms of Service
It can be time-consuming, possibly boring, and maybe confusing to read the Terms of Service. If you need a little extra assistance to make sure your rights are not being violated and you are in compliance with Giphy's Terms, DoNotPay has you covered.
How to analyze terms and services using DoNotPay:
If you want to analyze terms and services but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
DoNotPay will generate a demand letter on your behalf with every legal violation we identified that you can send to the company.
Analyze any company's terms of service for violations and potential compensation:
Why Use DoNotPay to Analyze Terms of Service for You?
DoNotPay understands that Terms of Service are not always written in a way that the average person can quickly read and understand. You no longer have to wade through the legal jargon of the Terms of Service. You give us the website, we do the work for you making it as painless as possible. The whole process is quick, easy, and successful.
How to Sue Giphy for TOS violations
Sometimes, large companies may try to dismiss your claims or ignore you. If you are being given the run-around by Giphy or any other company, DoNotPay may be able to escalate to small claims court with our Sue Now product. DoNotPay will always make the best case for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Analyzing Terms of Service for violations is just one of the many ways DoNotPay can help. We also assist with:
No matter what problem you are facing, DoNotPay is here to solve it!