All You Wanted To Know About Getting a Ghana Tourist Visa
Gold, chocolate, cultural heritage, and lovely beaches are only a few items from the endless list of the beauties of Ghana. Before you pack your bags and set off on an unforgettable journey to this amazing country, you must gain insight into all the documents and permits you need to enter it.
If you don’t know how to request a Ghana tourist visa or which other requirements you must comply with, search no more—our guide has all the info you need! You will learn the basics of the application process and find out how to go through it effortlessly by using DoNotPay!
As a U.S. citizen, you must obtain an entry visa before going for a trip to Ghana, regardless of the travel purpose. It must be issued by a local Ghana embassy or consulate and can be used within three months for single or multiple entries.
To apply for a Ghana tourist visa, you must:
- Have a U.S. passport whose remaining validity after the trip exceeds six months
- Get two passport-size photos in color
- Prepare a copy of the bio-data page of the passport
- Complete a suitable application form provided by the local Ghana embassy or consulate
- Be able to prove you have sufficient financial assets to support yourself during your planned stay in Ghana
- Disclose the approximate travel date
- Malaria/Yellow Fever vaccine certificate not older than ten years
- Photocopy of your return plane ticket or a confirmed travel itinerary
- Letter of sponsorship—if you are invited to Ghana by a specific host
- Copies of parents’ passports or a written authorization letter—if you are a minor
Note that complying with all these criteria doesn’t mean your visa application can’t get denied. The embassy may reject your request if you:
- Represent a security risk for the country
- Have been sentenced for extradition in a foreign country
- Are assessed by medical professionals as mentally unstable
You are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test not older than 72 hours when entering Ghana. Another option is to pay $150 before setting off and undergo PCR testing at the airport once your airplane lands. If your test results come out negative, you don’t need to quarantine. A temperature check upon arrival is also a must.
Not adhering to other COVID-19 rules—such as wearing a face mask—may result in astronomical fines, ranging from 12,000 cedis ($2,022) to 60,000 cedis ($10,110).
The United States has three Ghana visa-issuing authorities:
- Embassy of Ghana in Washington, DC
- Consulate of Ghana in Houston, Texas
- Consulate of Ghana in New York City, New York
While the Consulate of Ghana in Houston doesn’t currently issue Ghana entry visas, the Embassy and the other consulate accept online visa applications only. Below is a table showing the visa application instructions for both institutions:
|Issuing Authority||Instructions||Processing Time|
|Embassy of Ghana in Washington, DC||
|Consulate of Ghana in New York||
Are you afraid that you may make a mistake while filing your tourist visa application because you aren’t sure about the validity of the available information? No worries—DoNotPay can make the process go smoothly and save you a lot of time!
Once we get a few answers to our chatbot’s questions, we will check whether the country you want to go to requires a tourist visa. If it does, we will do our best to help you file your application by:
- Listing all the paperwork you need for the process
- Contacting the embassy or consulate on your behalf to check if they approve email applications
- Sharing a direct link for the online application form with you or sending you a PDF version so that you can submit it via mail
Here are the instructions you should follow:
- Visit DoNotPay and sign in to your account
- Choose Tourist Visa Guide
- Click on I Am a U.S. Citizen or Own a U.S. Passport
- Tell us which country you want to visit
Our knowledge base also contains many guides to getting tourist visas from other African countries, such as:
Did you manage to solve the issue with our app? If the answer is yes, you may also be interested in checking out other interesting features we offer. DoNotPay can help you:
|Get Rid of Spammers By||Deal With Uncooperative Merchants By||Get Help With Your Studies By|
Are you having a hard time drawing up a contract due to insufficient legal expertise? Say goodbye to failed drafts—DoNotPay can generate divorce settlement agreements, powers of attorney, child travel consent forms, and many other legal documents in under five minutes!