How to Get a Divorce Certificate in Duval County, Florida Online
After a divorce, you have to verify the process is final if you hope to get your last name changed back, apply for benefits, and be completely separated from the marriage that is now over. To do so, you will need a copy of your divorce certificate. You can get a divorce certificate in Duval County, Florida on your own, or with DoNotPay's guidance.
DoNotPay only requires a bit of information from you, and then we will promptly get to work filing the request for a copy of your divorce certificate. You can then use this as valid proof that you are now legally single once again.
Duval County Divorce Certificate Details
A Duval County divorce certificate details the location and date of the final proceeding. It also lists both parties' names and indicates that the marriage has ended. You can use this paper as a means to prove your single status and revert your accounts into your name only.
Possible Parties Who Can Receive the Certificate
There are several possible parties who can receive a Duval County certificate of divorce, including:
- The former bride
- The former husband
- A family member of either the former bride or husband
- An attorney for either party
- A government official
Do I Need to Include Documents or Proof When I Apply?
You do not need to provide documents, only information. However, you will have a form to complete that provides space for all of those information details to be listed. Make sure you include the divorce location and date, the husband and wife's names, and how you are related to either part of the former couple.
What Is the Price of a Divorce Certificate in Duval County?
The following prices are related to Duval County divorce certificates:
|Copy of Initial Record||$5|
|Subsequent Copies||$4 each|
|Search Fee (if you give the incorrect year)||$2 for each search|
|Returned Check Fee||$15|
Money orders and checks are accepted, but cash and cards are not. That is unless you pay in person.
How Can I Get My Divorce Certificate in Duval County, FL?
Divorce records are easily obtained through the Florida Department of Health. Their Bureau of Vital Statistics, located in Jacksonville, holds all vital documents pertaining to residents of the state. You can call, email, or mail your request to start your request if you do not wish to show up in person.
|Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics Contact Information|
|Mailing Address||ATTN: Vital Records Section
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231
You can send mail to the Circuit Court Clerk as well. The address is 501 W. Adams Street. Make sure you have a printed copy of the application that is correctly filled out.
DoNotPay Helps You Acquire Your Duval County Divorce Certificate
Don't struggle to get a divorce certificate in Duval County, Florida on your own. Instead, allow DoNotPay to acquire it on your behalf. We need some information and documents from you, and then we'll get to work generating a request.
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Once all of your selections have been made and we know what you intend for us to do, we will promptly begin the process. You should have your certificate in the mail within 2 months or less, depending on how long the courts take to get it to you.
DoNotPay Works Across All States
DoNotPay understands that people in all states need assistance with finding certificates and documents of importance. We'll find your divorce certificate in Florida the same way we'll find someone else's in Texas as well as in other states, including:
Can DoNotPay Help Me Find Other Important Documents in FL?
Definitely! DoNotPay will work to find any important document you need, whether it's:
- A copy of your original Florida marriage certificate
- Your naturalization and citizenship certificate
- A Florida pet license
- Your medical records
- Your Florida birth certificate
Contact DoNotPay today and get the document you need fast!