Obtaining a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in Alaska Has Become Much Easier
A divorce certificate is a proof that your marriage is over. You can use a divorce certificate as proof to change your last name (if you had adopted your spouse's name), apply for a credit card or loan, and file income taxes.
A divorce certificate is also critical if you are remarrying. You will need to provide a copy of your divorce certificate as well as your spouse's prior marriage. Without this information, the state will not grant you a marriage license.
When you lose your divorce certificate, it may be challenging to get another copy. Fortunately, getting a copy of your divorce certificate is easy with . As the process is online, you can get your divorce certificate without leaving your house.
What Is the Difference Between a Divorce Certificate and a Divorce Decree?
A divorce certificate shows that the state has validated your divorce, but it does not necessarily reflect anything about custody or visitation rights. On the other hand, a divorce decree is a document that reflects everything else, including which parent gets primary physical custody of the children and how child support will be calculated.
Who Can Apply for a Divorce Certificate Copy in Alaska?
The former spouses or authorized agents of the person named on the divorce records can apply for a copy of the divorce certificate. You will have to provide the following:
- Applicant's name and contact information
- Date of marriage
- Date of divorce
- Full name at birth and address for each spouse
- Your relationship to the spouse (i.e., mother, father, attorney)
- Indicate why you want a copy of the divorce certificate
How to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Alaska on Your Own
You can get a divorce certificate copy by visiting Alaska Vital Records Office. To initiate the process, you will need to have the following:
- An acceptable form of ID that includes a passport, state ID, military ID, etc.
- Duly completed Alaska divorce request form.
- Paid the requisite fees
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Divorce Certificate Processing Fee|
|Alaska Vital Records||P.O. Box 110675
Juneau, AK 99811-0675
|First Copy: $30.00
Additional Copies: $25.00
Challenges Getting a Copy of an Alaskan Divorce Certificate
The process of getting a divorce certificate copy on your own is convoluted and can be pretty confusing. For example, the mailing location and the physical Vital Record Office (Juneau) are different. Therefore, your request will not be processed if you mistakenly send your mail to the physical office instead of the mailing location.
To avoid delays and unnecessary costs, you should use DoNotPay services to get a divorce certificate copy in Alaska. Our online service allows you to complete the process within minutes so that you can have your divorce certificate copy without any problems.
How to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate Using DoNotPay
If you want to but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse. Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Is DoNotPay a Trusted Service Provider?
Getting a divorce certificate copy on your own is undoubtedly tricky. Any mistake can cost you time and money, so you should use our services. You stand to get the following benefits when you use DoNotPay:
- We are thorough: we go through Alaska Vital Record Office's checklist to ensure that you have provided all the required information.
- We are fast: our service reduces the risk of inadvertent errors that may delay processing your divorce certificate copy.
- We are user-centric: all of the information you provide is secure, and we will never use it for a purpose other than processing your order.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is an essential ally in helping you get a copy of your divorce certificate. Luckily, the service is available in states like Texas, Arkansas, Nevada, California, New York, Florida, etc. You can also use DoNotPay to do the following:
- Sue individuals and corporations at the Small Claims Court.
- Draft divorce settlement agreements.
- Notarize any document and much more.
If you want to get a copy of a divorce certificate in Alaska but don't know where to start, use DoNotPay. It's the easiest and safest way to handle this task.