Germany Tourist Visa—Do You Need It?
What if you are preparing for your trip to Germany but are not sure what documents you need or what rules you must adhere to? Do you have to request a Germany tourist visa, and how can you do it? Did the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic make visits to this country more complicated?
Getting the right info doesn’t have to be a painful procedure if you skim through our guide. We will assist you in discovering all about entering Germany without difficulties and requesting all types of tourist visas using DoNotPay!
Germany is a part of the Schengen area, which adopted a visa-free policy for several countries, including the United States. It means that U.S. citizens and passport holders can explore Germany or any other country from this area without a visa for up to 90 days within six months.
If you want to extend your stay period, getting a regular Schengen tourist visa isn’t an option. In such cases, you must apply for a German residency permit.
Yes—some tourists coming from the USA may not be eligible for a visa-free trip to Germany. These can be:
- U.S. green card holders whose residence permit is shorter than three months at the moment of travel
- U.S. passport holders that were denied entry without a visa for any reason—it’s a decision made by the immigration officers at the customs
These travelers must submit a Schengen visa application to enter Germany for tourist or any other purposes.
If you don’t belong to the category of travelers that must get a Schengen visa, all you need for visiting Germany as a tourist is:
- U.S. passport that will remain valid for three months or more after your intended stay period and two blank visa pages in it
- A justifiable reason for traveling to Germany—family visit or recreational purposes, for example
- Evidence of sufficient financial assets showing that you have enough money to cover all the costs of your stay in the country
Should you decide to visit another Schengen area country during your three-month stay period, study the entry requirements for that destination. They can usually be found on local embassy or consulate websites and are subject to regular changes. Make sure you get the latest updates before you set off on a journey.
Tourists who need a Schengen visa to visit Germany must go through a regular application procedure. The table below shows its basic elements:
|German tourist visa requirements||
|Germany tourist visa fee||
|You can submit your application form for a tourist visa to Germany at||
|Germany tourist visa processing time||Around ten days|
Here’s a table showing the presence or absence of specific COVID-19 restrictions in Germany:
|Negative COVID-19 test||Yes (PCR or antigen test)|
|Vaccination certificate acceptable||Yes|
|Quarantine||No (unless you come from high-risk areas)|
|Active intercity/interstate travel restrictions||No|
|Regular commercial flights||Yes|
|Regular public transport operation||Yes|
Are you having trouble looking for a suitable tourist visa request form or finding enough time to submit one in person? With DoNotPay, you don’t need to worry about such problems because our app can help you tackle the application process the easy way!
Here are the instructions:
- Open DoNotPay
- Find the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Verify your U.S. citizenship or passport ownership
- Tell us where you want to go
- Initiate some checks to see if you need to apply for a tourist visa when traveling to the specified destination
- Help you discover what documents and forms you need to submit along with your visa request
- Check if you can submit an email application on your behalf
- Help you access an appropriate type of visa request form
This isn’t the end! Are you wondering what criteria you should meet to enter other European countries or whether you need a tourist visa for visiting them? Check out some of our detailed guides listed below:
A wide range of handy features DoNotPay offers can assist you in resolving administrative issues without breaking a sweat! Our app provides the easiest way to:
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. state
- Submit a property tax assessment appeal
- File a FOIA request
- Have your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- Draft a child travel consent form with minimum effort
- Compose power of attorney documents
- Submit anonymous HR complaints
- File financial aid appeals
Shopping is fun, but retailing companies can sometimes be difficult to negotiate with, especially when things go wrong. With DoNotPay, you can reach their customer service without spending hours on hold and get a refund fuss-free! Should the merchant refuse to collaborate, we can help you get justice by suing them in small claims court.
If you want to check whether you have any unclaimed money in old bank accounts, using DoNotPay is the easiest way to do it!