Car Registration Renewal: Georgia Car Registration Renewal
Do you remember when you bought your car and got it registered? Driving it through the freeway was very enjoyable, right? But, now, a year later, your car registration is out of date, and you need to renew it all over again. It sucks, right?
It doesn't matter how early you get there; a trip to the DMV is always hectic. Apart from the not-so-friendly staff, you also have to deal with the long queues. Lucky for you, there's an easy way to get your Georgia car registration renewal.
How to Renew Your Car Registration in Georgia
When it comes to renewing your car registration in Georgia, there are two ways to do it; the easy way - using DoNotPay, and the hard way - doing it yourself.
How to Renew Your Georgia Car Registration Yourself
You should renew your car registration every year. You should receive a renewal notice at the start of your registration month, which might attract huge taxes and penalties. We'll assume that you don't want to deal with all that. So, how do you renew your car registration in Georgia?
Gather Everything You Need
You're probably asking yourself, what do I need to renew my car registration in Georgia? Well, here's what you need:
- Your drivers' license number or letter ID
- Proof of liability insurance
- VIN or license plate number
- A passing emissions inspection certificate
- All applicable fees, including registration and convenience fees
Renew Your Registration
You can renew your Georgia car registration online, in person, by phone, or by mail. Suppose you want to renew your Georgia car registration online. In that case, all you have to do is visit the Georgia DRIVES website, click on the car registration renewal link, and follow the step-by-step process.
Likewise, if you want to renew your car registration in person, you'll need to visit the Georgia County Tag Office and submit all the necessary documents and fees. Alternatively, you can also renew your car registration by mailing all the necessary documents, along with the required fees, to the Georgia County Tag Office. You can also call them and ask to have your car registration renewed.
If you complete your Georgia car registration renewal process in person, you will receive your registration and license plate sticker upon completion. But, if you do it through mail or phone, you'll have to wait at least two to three weeks before you can receive your registration and license plate sticker.
How Much Does It Cost to Renew Your Car Registration in Georgia?
You already know the process, but how much is car registration renewal in Georgia? Here's a quick breakdown of the costs you'll incur when renewing your car registration.
|Type of fee||Amount|
|License renewal fee||$20.00|
|Special handling fee||$10.00|
|License plate vehicle information printout||$1.00|
|A certified transcript of the title||$14.00|
How to Renew Your Car Registration Using DoNotPay
Don't let the seemingly straightforward DIY process fool you. Getting your car registration renewal in Georgia can be pretty daunting, especially if you don't have a lot of time on your hands.
Lucky for you, DoNotPay can make your car registration renewal process a whole lot easier. With these simple steps, you"ll be well on your way to getting your car registration renewed without having to deal with all the hustle and bureaucracy.
If you want to renew your car registration but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in five easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Car Registration Renewal in Georgia
DoNotPay makes the process of getting your car registration renewed a whole lot easier. DoNotPay makes the process:
- Fast - you don't have to spend hours waiting in a queue.
- Easy - with DoNotPay, you don't have to struggle filling out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in getting your car registration renewed.
- Successful - at DoNotPay, we keep your best interests in mind. Therefore, you are assured that we will make the best case for you to have your car registration renewed promptly.
DoNotPay can help you get your car registration renewed across all 50 states below:
DoNotPay Works Across All Entities With the Click of a Button
Apart from getting your car registration renewed, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Schedule DMV appointments across all 50 states
- Get your birth certificate in Kentucky and California
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
That was just a sneak peek of what we can do for you. We can also help you:
- Resolve parking tickets
- Dispute seat belt tickets
- Notarize any documents
- Standardize any legal documents
What are you waiting for? Get in touch with us to have your Georgia car registration renewal in no time.