Get Your Genesee County Birth Records In 5 Minutes
When getting a copy of your social security card, applying for a passport, or getting your driver's license you need to have your birth certificate. If you have a newborn, you will want to make sure you have a birth certificate for things like school enrollment. Birth certificates are used to prove your identity and citizenship, so they are a very important piece of documentation to have.
However, it can be a tremendous undertaking to get a copy if you happen to have lost yours. If you have lost your birth certificate and you were born in Genesee County, DoNotPay can help you get a copy in just a few simple steps.
Let's take a look at the different types of birth certificates you can get, and how DoNotPay can help you.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
An informational birth certificate contains all the information that the original contains. These are usually easier to obtain than an authorized copy because it cannot be used to establish identity, age, or citizenship. These are usually used in historical or genealogical research. The table below shows some people who might apply for an informational birth certificate in Genesee County.
|People Who Often Apply for Genesee County Birth Records||
On the other hand, authorized birth certificates are not as easy to obtain and they may also require notarization or a validation seal. The seal may be raised or embossed, colorful, or impressed into the paper, depending on the state where you were born. Look for the signature of the state, county, or city registar on it in addition to the seal. Authorized birth certificates can be used to prove your identity when getting a driver's license, passport, marriage application, or other legal instruments.
Who Can Get an Authorized Birth Certificate Copy in Genesee County?
You must fall under one of these categories to obtain a copy of a birth certificate in Genesee County:
- Child named on the record.
- Mother named on the record.
- Father named on the record.
- Legal Guardian of child named on the record (A certified copy of the guardianship order must be presented at the time of application.)
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Genesee County?
According to the Genesee County website, the fee for a certified copy of a Genesee County birth certificate is $25.00.
- Each additional certified copy of the same record, ordered at the same time, is $10.00 per copy.
- If you are 65 or older, you will be charged a reduced fee of only $5.00 for each copy ordered.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Genesee County?
For regular shipping, birth certificates ordered by mail or internet are shipped via regular mail through the United States Postal Service. Processing time can vary, but most customers can expect to receive their birth certificate no more than 10 days from the date of purchase.
For expedited shipping, birth certificates will arrive via UPS Overnight Services. In addition to the processing fee, there will be a fee for overnight shipping of $30.00.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Genesee County?
When ordering birth records in person or by mail, photo identification is required. Bring a valid unexpired driver's license, identity card, or passport if ordering in person. You must provide a photocopy of a valid unexpired driver's license, identity card, or passport with your application if ordering by mail.
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Genesee County on Your Own
As mentioned, you can either order online or go to the clerk's office in person. When applying online, you must submit proper identification and you will also need to use your own credit card in your name. In addition, the billing address for your credit card must match the mailing address where the birth certificate will be mailed.
You can also print out an order form and mail it to the clerk's office. However, they will only accept money orders as payment with this method. As you can see, the process can be tedious and frustrating.
Get a Birth Records in Genesee County Quickly With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution for getting your birth certificate in Genesee County with just a few simple steps.
If you want to get a birth certificate copy in Genesee county but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Birth Certificate in Genesee County
Here are just a few reasons for using DoNotPay:
- The process is all online, which saves you a trip.
- DoNotPay offers virtual notary and check mailing services.
- We take care of all the leg work so you don't have to.
DoNotPay can help you get birth records from Genesee County, but we can help you wherever you happen to live in the US!