How to Contest Fresno Traffic Tickets in Two Minutes
According to a CBS47 investigation, Fresno County gets over $2 million from traffic ticket payments. This amount only counts for the motorist who decides to pay the charges and let it blow away. On the other hand, there is always a chance to win and avoid paying the charges for those who contest the tickets.
The city’s Superior Court will allow you to contest a Fresno traffic ticket where you may or may not be required to post bail. Your request for trial must be made in writing and submitted to the Fresno Superior Court under the Vehicle Code.
Does all this sound too complicated for you? Not to worry, because DoNotPay has a Traffic Tickets product that helps request for trial without hassle. You'll only need to provide DoNotPay with details of your traffic ticket and why you want to contest it. DoNotPay will draft a letter and send it to the relevant authorities right away.
Types of Traffic Tickets in Fresno
The common types of traffic tickets in Fresno include:
- Speeding Tickets – Usually issued when a motorist goes above the speed limit indicated for a certain area. Most of these tickets are issued to commercial truck drivers that exceed 55 mph under the California Violation Code 22406.
- Red Light Violations – According to the California Violation Code 21453(a), crossing the solid white line when stopped at an intersection is considered a violation.
- Solo driving in a carpool lane – The HOV lane requires that you do not drive alone on it, and if you do so, you are likely to get a ticket as per the California Violation Code 21655.5
- Cell-phone tickets – No matter how hurried you are, being on the phone while behind the wheels will get you a ticket.
- Parking tickets – Every jurisdiction has its parking regulations and can get you a parking ticket if you fail to adhere to them.
How to Dispute Traffic Ticket in Fresno
You can fight a traffic ticket without a lawyer. Fresno County allows you to challenge a traffic ticket in the following ways:
- Appear in court for arraignment without posting bail (Cal. Rules of Court, rule 4.105.), make a plea as not guilty, and then request for a trial date.
- Submit a not-guilty plea in writing and schedule an appearance in court under Vehicle Code section 40519(b) for the trial. You'll be required to post bail for this option.
- Post bail and request a trial by a written declaration under Vehicle Code section 40902. To be eligible for a trial by written declaration, your ticket should have been issued due to infractions only, the due date has not passed, and it's not compulsory to appear in court.
You can ask for your trial by a written declaration at the clerk's office or by mail sent to the courthouse address listed on your ticket. The court will respond to your request with instructions on what to do next.
If you need an extension for your appearance in court or for more time to post bail, you can easily ask for an extension. The Clerk's Office may give a 90-day extension to appear or pay bail on eligible citations that do not require a mandatory court appearance.
You can ask for an extension by reaching out through any of the following ways:
|Traffic Department Phone Number||(559) 457-1700|
|Post||Send a written request via mail to the following address:
Fresno Superior Court
ATTN: Traffic Division
1100 Van Ness Avenue
Fresno, CA 93724
|In-person at the traffic clerk’s office||2317 Tuolumne Street, Fresno, CA 93721|
|Online||By using the Case Information Portal by following this Step-by-Step guide.|
How to Pay Your Traffic Ticket in Fresno
If you decide to pay the fine, you can do so through the following methods:
- Pay online using a credit card.
- Make a monthly installment payment plan of a minimum of $50 and send the money by mail or in a drop box located inside the "M" Street Courthouse.
- Mail your payment as a check or money order payable to "Fresno Superior Court" and ensure that you write your citation number.
Ensure that you don't send cash via mail as it could easily get lost.
How to Contest Fresno Traffic Tickets With the Help of DoNotPay
The Business Insider raved about how DoNotPay has successfully handled over 200,000 ticket cases and the number continues to rise. We can just as easily help you with yours.
Here's how to get started:
- Log in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the correct product based on your traffic ticket.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won!
DoNotPay can also help you with the following:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you deal with your Fresno Traffic Ticket is not the only thing that this AI-powered lawyer can do. You’ll find other useful solutions on the app such as:
- Renewing your car registration
- File a company complaint
- Filing insurance claims
- Negotiate car leases
- Finding missing money
- Dispute unjust seatbelt tickets
- Report local community repairs
- Get compensation for canceled flights