How to Claim Your Refund for the Freshpet Recall
Every year, thousands of products are recalled by federal agencies to protect consumers from defective goods. Recalls happen for a variety of reasons, like food-borne illnesses in the Tyson Chicken recall or dangerous carcinogens in the Neutrogena Sunscreen recall. For the , Freshpet issued a voluntary recall because of potential Salmonella contamination.
When a recall happens, the company that made the recalled product has to issue a recall and reimburses consumers as necessary. For the consumer, this recall process requires swift and thorough compiling of evidence to help prove that you bought the product, meet the requirements, and are eligible for the claim.
If you bought a recalled product, like the Hot Pocket recall, Peloton recall, or the Freshpet cat or dog food recall, you may qualify for product reimbursement or replacement. Claiming your refund is time-consuming and frustrating, but DoNotPay can help streamline this process for you and help you get your desired result.
What Happened With the Freshpet Recall?
Freshpet is a popular pet food company that specializes in fresh, responsibly-sourced ingredients. Although its mission is to make healthy pet food, some things can still go wrong, On June 13, 2021, Freshpet voluntarily recalled one lot of its Freshpet Select Small Dog Bite-Size Beef & Egg Recipe Dog Food due to possible Salmonella contamination.
According to Freshpet's company statement, this one batch of dog food was marked for destruction but was then mistakenly shipped out and sold to consumers. Although Freshpet received no reports of adverse reactions, it issued a to ensure pets' safety.
If you possess Freshpet Select Small Dog Bite-Size Beef & Egg Recipe Dog Food, specifically with Lot Code 1421FBP0101 and expiration date 10/30/2021, then you should immediately stop feeding your pet this food and monitor them for signs of food poisoning, like diarrhea or vomiting. Once you've made sure your pup is feeling well, then you can start the claim process to receive a full refund on your recalled Freshpet product.
Who Is Eligible for the Freshpet Recall?
If you purchased Freshpet Select Small Dog Bite-Size Beef & Egg Recipe, and the Sell-by Date on the package is 10/30/2021, then you should be eligible for the Freshpet recall and a refund.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Freshpet Recall?
In Freshpet 's recall statement, it said that people who bought the recalled product will be given a full refund if they report it to Freshpet. If you want to tackle the claim process on your own, here's what you can do:
- If you have purchased Freshpet Select Small Dog Bite-Size Beef & Egg Recipe Dog Food, look at the package to check the Lot Code and Expiration Date. If they state 1421FBP0101 and 10/30/2021, respectively, then you can proceed with the claim process.
- Compile all your evidence for the claim. It must include the information of the store where you bought the recalled product, the Sell-by Date label on the packaging, and your contact information. You may also need the original receipt and photos of the dog food for a stronger case.
- To submit your claim, either call 1-866-789-3737 and wait for a representative or fill out the Freshpet recall form.
- Fill out the information on the form, including your name, email address, residential address, phone number, the product expiration date, store where you bought it, and any more concerns you have.
- Wait for your claim to be processed. Then, Freshpet should send you a full-value coupon via USPS.
- If you have any questions about the recall or want to report adverse reactions, call 1-866-789-3737 on Monday through Friday from 9 am-9 pm, and wait to talk to one of the representatives.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
The Easier Way to Claim Your Freshpet Recall With DoNotPay
To get your deserved refund, reimbursement, or repair in any recall, you have to compile enough evidence for a strong case. This process can be time-consuming, overwhelming, and frustrating, especially when you have to look for an old receipt or locate the proper phone number to call. That's why DoNotPay has created a way to solve this recall problem for you.
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you can return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Claim Your Freshpet Recall
Because we bring results to our subscribers! We understand that finding out that your Freshpet dog or cat food may be contaminated with a dangerous food-borne illness is scary and overwhelming. Here's what our customers say about us:
|Fast||You don't have to spend your afternoon on the phone trying to reach manufacturers' customer service hotlines.|
|Easy||We can file your recall claim in just a few easy steps.|
|Successful||Not all recalls will earn you repairs or replacements, but with DoNotPay on your side, you're more likely to get the outcome you want.|
DoNotPay Can Help With All Recalls
Have another product that was recalled? Want to look up a vehicle recall by VIN? DoNotPay can help with all your recall issues. We can even help you find out about recalls for products you've already bought.
No matter which product recall you're dealing with, it'll be simple, fast, and easy for you with DoNotPay. Here are a few recall claims you may want help with:
- Philips CPAP recall
- California recalls
- Metformin recall
- Sunscreen recall
What Else Can DoNotPay Solve?
DoNotPay doesn't stop at recalls. Our Robot Lawyer is committed to simplifying frustrating processes and helping you not pay for things you shouldn't pay for. Here are just a few other things DoNotPay can solve for you:
To start saving time and money, sign up for DoNotPay. We're here to help.