Freshdesk's Terms of Service: What You Need To Know
Do you read the terms of service for the websites you visit? If you're like most people, the answer is no. Although you may glance over the terms of service page, it's unlikely that you read the entire document. Even if you read everything, you still may not completely understand what it says. Sometimes, websites leave out important protective clauses; other times, they include harmful provisions to you.
If you work with Freshdesk, you know that they help you provide exceptional service to your customers. But have you taken the time to read the terms of service? Do you know what steps Freshdesk takes to protect your data? Are your customers protected under the Freshdesk terms of service? You need to find out if you don't know; otherwise, Freshdesk puts you in a vulnerable position.
Freshdesk Terms of Service
Freshdesk is a SaaS provider that offers a suite of customer service products that enhance the customer experience. In addition, the company provides management software services for your employees. Because of the nature of the services rendered, the terms of service for Freshdesk should be fairly comprehensive, including:
- A detailed description of the company's services.
- Your responsibilities as a customer.
- Details about how your data is stored and used.
- Steps to take for disputes.
What Information Does Freshdesk Collect from Me?
Before you can request service through a website like Freshdesk, you'll need to provide certain information to open an account. Some of the information you'll have to provide includes:
- Your company name.
- Company contact information.
- Size of your company, annual sales, and other data regarding your company.
- Your name, position, and contact information.
What Happens if Freshdesk TOS Is Violated?
If your company uses Freshdesk customer service technology, you and your employees are bound by the Freshdesk Terms of Service. This document contains clauses that you would expect to see for any website. Some of the things you agree not to do include:
- To use Freshworks Technology process data on behalf of any third party other than your users
- Send unsolicited communications in violation of spamming or other laws
- Store or transmit content that infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights
- Post, transmit, upload, link to, send or store unlawful, racist, hateful, abusive, obscene, or discriminatory content
- Post, send, or store viruses, malware, Trojan horses, or other similar harmful software
If you violate any of these terms, you may be banned from using the website. If this happens, you will lose access to your account, and this may affect the accounts of co-workers and associates.
What to Do if You Were Banned From Freshdesk
Websites like Freshdesk have terms of service to protect themselves and their users. If you violate those terms and you're banned from the site, it could be detrimental to your company. The good news is that if you've been banned from a website, it's not always permanent. You may be able to gain access to your account in short order with DoNotPay. Just answer a few questions, click the button, and we'll get the appeal process started so that you can gain access to your account again.
Freshdesk's Arbitration Clause Explained
One of the key components of any website TOS is the arbitration clause. It details how disputes are to be resolved. Freshdesk's arbitration clause states:
“Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this Agreement to arbitrate, will be determined by arbitration in San Francisco, California. JAMS will administer the arbitration under its arbitration rules and procedures. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This section will not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.”
How to Analyze the Freshdesk TOS
The first step in analyzing a TOS agreement is reading through the document. It's not all that entertaining, but it is fascinating. Make a note of key concepts in each of the sections, and be sure you understand exactly how the policy will affect you. Pay close attention to:
- What information you provide.
- Who Freshdesk will share your information with.
- Safeguards in place to protect your data.
- Arbitration rules.
- Your rights and responsibilities as a customer.
Understand the Freshdesk TOS With the Help of DoNotPay
If you're like most people, you rarely read the terms of service for websites you visit and sign up for. That's not a good idea. What you don't know about the terms of service could cause you a great deal of harm.
How to Analyze Terms of Service Using DoNotPay
If you want to analyze terms of service but don't know where to start, has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
DoNotPay will generate a demand letter on your behalf with every legal violation we identified that you can send to the company.
How to Sue Freshdesk for TOS violations
If you discover that Freshdesk has violated your rights, you can request compensation. If they don't comply with your demand, you can take them to Small Claims Court using the Sue Now product.
DoNotPay Can Analyze the TOS for Any Company
No matter what website you're visiting, you're bound by its terms of service. If you violate those terms, you could be banned from the site. It can be a real pain and a serious inconvenience if that happens. Avoid the hassle and analyze any company's terms of service for violations and potential compensation.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The world's first robot lawyer can handle a huge variety of tasks, including:
- Sue for breach of contract
- Collect chargebacks and refunds
- Print standardised legal documents
- File a complaint against any company
Instead of hiring a pricey lawyer or attempting to handle your legal issues on your own, rely on DoNotPay to take care of everything with the click of a button!