Did Someone Steal Your Identity? DoNotPay Can Help You Resolve Fraud Charges on Your Credit Card!
It seems like it's easier than ever for someone to steal your identity and make fraudulent charges on your credit card. When it happens, you're faced with reporting the issue and protecting your credit card information.
Of course, you might try to deal with the issue on your own, but between trying to contact the credit card company and the credit bureaus, you're growing more frustrated. DoNotPay can help you and save you a lot of hassle.
What Is Identity Theft?
When someone takes your personal information and claims to be you to open financial accounts, this is identity theft. The person claiming to be you might open new credit card accounts or use your existing ones.
In some cases of identity theft, the person might use your identity to buy a home or lease a new car. The person might even use your information to get a job. Someone using your identity can cause serious damage to your credit history.
Signs That You May Be a Victim of Identity Theft
Fraudulent charges on your credit card might be the first sign of identity theft, but there are others to consider. Some to consider:
- Your credit report shows new accounts that you didn't apply for or open
- You might receive calls from creditors on accounts that aren't yours
- There may be new inquiries on your credit report
What to Do if Your Identity Is Stolen
You need to take immediate action when you find fraudulent charges on your credit card and that you're a victim of identity theft. Here are some suggestions:
Contact Any Unknown Creditors
You need to advise any companies that have opened accounts in your name about identity theft.
Contact Local Law Enforcement
Identity theft is a crime, and you need to file a police report as soon as you uncover it.
Contact the Credit Bureaus
You need to block any more fraudulent accounts from reporting on your credit report.
How to Prevent Identity Theft
The web of identity theft can take weeks, months, and years to untangle, so it's best to prevent it from happening in the first place. Here are some things you can do:
- Unless you make contact with a company, don't give out any of your personal info over email or phone
- Keep up with the latest scams that try to get your personal info
- Always keep paperwork and mail with your personal information in a safe place and shred it before tossing it into the trash.
How to Freeze Your Credit Report When You Experience Fraud Charges on Your Credit Card
When you find fraudulent charges on your credit card, you need to freeze your credit report. You'll need to contact the three major credit bureaus directly at:
Solve the Challenges of Dealing With Fraud Charges on My Credit Card With the Help of DoNotPay
When you discover fraudulent charges on your credit card, you can feel a sense of panic and fear. However, it's possible to get those fraudulent charges removed and restore your credit report. You may struggle to get the charges removed on your own. DoNotPay is always available to help you deal with fraudulent charges on your credit card.
How to deal with identity theft using DoNotPay in three easy steps:
- Search "identity theft" on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
- Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, financial loss, and any suspect information you may have.
- We'll identify whether you should file an FTC report, contact the IRS, freeze your credit report, contact state agencies, or file a police report. Once we guide you through the best options, we'll automatically submit the reports on your behalf!
And that's it. DoNotPay will make sure your issue gets sent to the right place. We'll upload confirmation documents to your task for you to view, and if the contacts need more information, they will reach out to you personally via email or mail.
Why Use DoNotPay to Help You Deal With Fraud Charges on My Credit Card
While you might think that you can handle fraudulent charges on your credit by yourself, it's always better to use DoNotPay. Here are three reasons to ask for help:
- It's fast
- It's easy
- It's successful
DoNotPay Helps With Many Identity Theft Issues
Fraudulent charges on your credit card aren't the only form of identity theft that you or a friend might experience. The DoNotPay has you covered in a variety of circumstances, including:
- How to report identity theft
- IRS identity theft
- Unemployment identity theft
- Credit card fraud
- Social security identity theft
- Stolen stimulus check
- Equifax identity theft
- Damages for suing for identity theft
DoNotPay Is a Problem-Solver
After you report your fraudulent credit card charges under control, you'll wonder about other ways you can use DoNotPay. There are many ways the app can help you, including:
- Receive compensation if you're the victim of a crime
- Create the paperwork necessary to file a lawsuit in small claims court
- And many more
Start the process of reporting the fraudulent charges on your credit card with DoNotPay today.