Order Franklin County Death Records In Less Than 5 Minutes
Coping with the death of a loved one is never easy. Dealing with obstacles like obtaining death records simply adds to the procedure's difficulties! If you've recently lost a loved one in Franklin County, Ohio, you're undoubtedly taking all of the necessary "next steps", which may include obtaining copies of the deceased's death record. Trying to get copies of this death certificate on your own is a time-consuming and potentially frustrating process.
Thankfully, you don't have to endure attempting to get copies of your loved one's death certificate in Franklin County, Ohio, alone. DoNotPay is the perfect answer to this issue, as they serve as the most dependable and efficient source for acquiring death records, regardless of where you are located.
DoNotPay will get to work right away with just a few simple facts from you, sending in a request form to receive your loved one's death certificate and even allowing you to schedule a notarization session if necessary. Continue reading to learn how to access death records in Franklin County, Ohio the easy way with DoNotPay.
Who Is Eligible to Get a Copy of a Death Record in Franklin County, Ohio?
To get a copy of someone's death record in Franklin County, Ohio, you must have a certain relationship with the deceased that can be proven.
- Parents, legal guardians, or grandparents of the deceased
- Sibling of the decedent
- Children of the decedent
- Conservator, estate executor or other legal representatives
Additionally, the individual you're trying to get the death certificate for must have passed away between the years of 1908 and the present. If you need to access information about an earlier death, your local probate court in Franklin County will have records from 1867 - 1908.
How to Get Copies of a Death Certificate in Franklin County, Ohio by Yourself
There are different methods you can use to get copies of a death record in Franklin County, Ohio. They include:
- In-Person: Use the walk-in same-day service at your local public health office. If you want even faster service, you can fill out the application ahead of time and mail it to the office so your information is on file.
- By Mail: Print the application and fill it out. Mail the application, as well as your payment (no debit/credit payments for mail orders) to the Office of the vItal Statistics of the Columbus Public Health to receive your order within 7-10 business days.
- Online: Go to VitalChek to order your desired death certificate copies online. With this method, you must pay an additional service fee of $9.95. You will receive your copy within 7-10 business days.
|Contact Info for Columbus Public Health Office of Vital Statistics|
|Address||Office of Vital Statistics
Columbus Public Health
240 Parsons Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
|Phone Number||(614) 645-7331|
|Webpage||Columbus Public Health VS Office|
Only certified copies of death certificates are available in Franklin County, Ohio. Each copy of the death certificate that you get will cost $25. Payments can be made through cash, debit/credit card, money order, or personal/certified check.
Use DoNotPay to Get Copies of a Death Certificate in Franklin County, Ohio Without the Hassle
The process of getting copies of a death certificate is never simple, and can be extremely frustrating to deal with on top of your loss. DoNotPay is here to support you throughout the process, advocating for you to receive death certificate copies with only a few details about your specific situation.
If you need to get a copy of a death certificate in Franklin County, Ohio but don't know where to start on your own, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Death Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the details of the person who is on the death certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them.
- Enter the city, state, and hospital (if applicable) the registrant passed away in, so we can complete the correct form.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
And that's it! All you need to do from this point on is wait to see if you're approved - if you are, you'll receive copies of the death certificate in the mail.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me With?
Helping you get copies of death certificates in Franklin County, Ohio is just the beginning of the many ways DoNotPay can assist you with everyday problems. If you need information about other issues involving death certificates, explore the relevant links below to start learning with DoNotPay!
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Death Certificate?
- How Many Death Certificates Do I Need?
- Learn About Fetal Death Certificates
- What is the Purpose of a Death Certificate?
- Who Needs Death Certificates When Someone Dies?