How to Remove Franklin Collection Services From Your Credit Report
Has been harassing you with phone calls, emails, or SMS messages? You may have seen a debt collection account on your credit report from this company, sometimes recorded as FCS. Consumers should know that Franklin Collection Service Inc. is a debt collection agency that engages in recouping unpaid debts across the entire United States.
If you're receiving calls from them, you probably have an outstanding debt with another company. Unless you clear this debt up, your credit score will take a devastating hit that could stop you from completing any financial plans you've been working on.
There are several strategies you might employ so you can improve your credit score, but whichever you choose, make sure you're proactive through the entire collection process. It's never recommended to ignore a collection account because Franklin Collection Services can escalate any account based on nonresponse. Doing so can make sure they can obtain a judgment against you entitling them to garnish your wages until the debt is paid in full.
What Do You Know About Franklin Collection Services?
began operations in 1980 and is based in Tupelo, Mississippi. They normally refer to themselves as FCS and operate throughout the entire United States collecting medical debt and phone bills most often. FCS provides a payment portal on its website, however, there is no information on installment payment arrangements.
FCS has been accredited by the BBB since 2004, which rates them with an A rating on a scale of A+ to F. 176 complaints have been filed against this company through the BBB since 2018. Scanning of those complaints shows most have been answered by Franklin Collection Service Inc. A few have been resolved to the consumer's approval. Standard complaints include a lack of debt validation and attempting to collect debts from unknown service providers.
How to Deal With Franklin Collection Services to Clear Your Credit Report
Dealing with FCS to clean up your credit score can be a long and convoluted experience. There are several steps to take to completely clear up your credit report with Franklin Collection Services. Each must be completely fulfilled to enable them to remove the debt from your account. Those steps include:
- Goodwill deletion letters
Goodwill deletion letters can only be used if this is the first time you have had a debt go to collections and it was under extreme circumstances. Consumers with these qualifications can write to FCS and explain the situation, pay the debt, and it will be removed from their account.
- Debt validation letters
In the case of debt validation letters, consumers should go this route if there is a chance that the debt is the wrong amount or doesn't belong to them.
- Settlements offers
Settlement offers are a good option if the debt is yours and you can afford to pay only a portion of it.
When you want to deal with FCS by yourself, you may be able to reach the company through any of these channels:
|Franklin Service, Inc.
2978 West Jackson Street
P.O. Box 3910
Tupelo, MS 38801
|Customer Service Page
|Resolve My Account
|Franklin Service, Inc
Client Services: 877-869-7776
RMEx Smart Agent: 855-328-0808
How DoNotPay Can Help You Clear Your Credit Score
DoNotPay can help clear up your credit report with while you get back to your important life issues. The company can contact FCS and straighten out the issue while providing you with the best results possible.
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as a reference.
- Let DoNotPay guide you through 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, DoNotPay will help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (DoNotPay has a list of common errors you can use), DoNotPay will help you file a credit dispute with the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, DoNotPay will check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it.
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, DoNotPay will help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help with Your Credit Report
Head over to DoNotPay’s website and check out its other credit products, including:
- Removing late payments from your credit report
- Removing inquiries from your credit report
- Writing a Credit Dispute letter
- Writing a Debt Validation letter
Top Reasons to Use DoNotPay to Repair Your Credit
DoNotPay can help you with absolutely any issue that's troubling your credit. In fact, DoNotPay does not just clear up your problem, but it also does it:
- Quickly – Don't waste time filling out paperwork for debt validation letters or credit disputes when you could be working and making money.
- Easily – Spending hours trying to figure out how to fix your credit score on your own is a waste of time.
- Efficiently – Never wonder if you have the right forms or the correct time frames when DoNotPay can do it for you.
Head over to the DoNotPay website and check out their other credit products, including Keep Unused Cards Active, Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, and more!