How to Connect With an Inmate in Forest State Correctional Institution
Maintaining open communication with an inmate in provides a new sense of self and identity, so they stop feeling their crime only identifies them. Unfortunately, connecting with them through letters is often a long, time-consuming, and tedious process. DoNotPay can make the process of sending letters to inmates as easy as writing a text or an email.
You can now use our newly integrated mailing technology and encrypted database to send letters to any prison straight from our app or website and receive responses from inmates. You can also leverage our new search tool to locate a loved one in any facility they are being held.
Where Is the Forest State Correctional Institution Located?
or SCI Forest is situated in Marienville, Pennsylvania. The maximum-security prison is home to roughly 2290 adult male offenders. The following is the physical address and contact details of SCI Forest:
|Physical Address||Forest State Correctional Institution
286 Woodland Drive
Marienville, PA 16239
|Website||Forest State Correctional Institution|
|Inmate Mailing Address||Inmate Name, ID Number
P.O. Box 945 Marienville
|Official visiting hours||Saturdays and Sundays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
How to Contact Inmates at Davis Correctional Facility
Forest state correctional institution provides the following ways for family and friends to keep in touch with inmates in the facility:
You can communicate with a loved one in the facility through jail mail correspondence. When writing a letter to the inmate, correctly capture their name, identification number, and unit number. The mail must be appropriately addressed as indicated in the following format:
Identification number or full names
The Forest State Correctional Institution
P.O Box 33028
Keep in mind that any simple mistakes like incorrectly spelling the inmate's name can result in delays or rejection of the mail.
Another effective way to connect with an inmate at SCI Forest is by making physical visits. You can visit an inmate in SCI Forest from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. For successful visits, ensure you keep in mind the following:
- Call the institution and make your bookings before visiting
- Ensure your name is in the visitor's record
- Carry a government-issued photo ID
- If you are a minor whose parent is an inmate, you must fill in and present form DC-3113 or DC-3113A during your visit. Ensure the form is duly signed by a parent or guardian.
- You cannot visit an inmate in the first 10 to 14 days following sentencing unless you are a member of the clergy or their attorney.
Only inmates can contact you directly through a phone. The inmates are usually given a scheduled time to make calls to family and friends. The calls are charged and designed to last for a specific time. If you want to contact an inmate frequently, send them money to top up their calls.
Undoubtedly, communicating with inmates in prison using the above methods is tedious and time-consuming. For example, simple mistakes while writing letters such as using the wrong envelope, forgetting the inmate ID, or adding the wrong unit number can lead to a letter being rejected. Besides, because you are not allowed to initiate a call, you are never sure if and when your loved one will call. Fortunately, DoNotPay provides an easier way to send letters to a loved one in a correctional facility. Through our new prison product, we make the process of sending letters as easy as writing a text or an email.
Steps to Take Before Writing/Calling to a Prisoner
The following are the steps to take before calling/ writing to a prisoner in y:
- Research the mailing address of the facility
- Find out inmate ID number and unit number
- Determine SCI Forest guidelines regarding penning letters to prisoners
- Review your letter to ensure you have captured their names and addresses right
- If you communicate via calls, ensure you understand the call rates before accepting inmate phone calls on your bill.
How to Send Money to an Inmate at Forest State Correctional Institution
As mentioned earlier, you can send money to a loved one held at SCI Forest. Inmates need money to buy extra items and purchase calls. It is advisable always to use money orders while sending an inmate money. Follow the steps to send mail while sending the money order. Contact the institution if you have any questions or need to confirm the inmate has received the money.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate and Send Letters to Your Imprisoned Friend
To get started, follow the steps outlined below:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
Let DoNotPay to Help You Locate and Contact an Inmate in Sci Forest Today
Locating and connecting a loved one being held at SCI Forest need not be such a hassle. DoNotPay's newly integrated mailing technology and encrypted database make it easy for you to send letters to any prison from an app or website, just like the way you use your smartphone to communicate. It also enables inmates to respond to your messages, establishing a genuine two-way communication experience.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is your go-to service if you need any help with daily challenges like getting help with annoying robocalls, unfair parking tickets, and unresponsive customer services.
We can also help you claim your refunds from airlines in addition to these services:
- Sue any company or individual for small claims
- Writing letters to inmates
- Handle your unpaid bills
- Bypass phone verification services
- Sign up for services without sharing your credit card information
- Blocking spam text
- Finding your unclaimed money from financial institutions
- Protecting your work against copyright violations
- Protection from stalking and harassment
Contact us today to learn more!