How to Write Letters to an Inmate in Folsom State Prison
Folsom State Prison is one of the most commonly referenced prisons in US music and movies. Located near Sacramento, California, Folsom is where Johnny Cash put on his legendary two live performances resulting in the live album At Folsom Prison with the titular "Folsom Prison Blues".
The prison was founded in 1880 and was one of the first maximum-security facilities. Today, the prison holds about 2500 men and 300 women inmates.
If you have a loved one located in Folsom State Prison, staying in touch can be more of a challenge than it should be. DoNotPay can help you get all the information you need to send letters, packages and money to your incarcerated friend.
Folsom State Prison Contact Information
|Physical Address||Folsom State Prison
300 Prison Road
Represa, CA 95671
|Phone Number||(916) 985-2561|
How to Send Letters to Inmates at Folsom State Prison
Sending Mail and Packages to a Folsom Inmate
Inmate Mailing Address:
Inmate Name, ID
Folsom State Prison
Housing Information (if known)
P.O. Box 715071
Represa, CA 95671
The Rules for Mailing Letters to Inmates of Folsom State Prison
Letters and mail sent to Folsom inmates will be inspected before they are forwarded to the inmate. Keep content to written material, photographs, and stamps. Do not send any items without previous approval. No graphic or nude materials. Greeting cards are OK, but no electronics.
Sending Packages to a Folsom State Prison
Like most US prisons, handpacked packages will not be accepted at Folsom. However, you can send commercial packages directly to an inmate.
- Magazines (non-explicit)
- Personal items
- Some electronics
Sending Money to a Folsom State Prison Inmate
Each prisoner in California has a trust fund that you can send money to for Commissary and phone calls.
The fastest way to send money to an inmate is through AccessCorrections, an online payment management platform for prisoners and families. You will need your friend's full name and inmate ID to deposit funds using debit or credit.
Folsom State Prison does not accept money through the mail but will allow you to work with JPay as an alternative to Access Secure Deposits.
How to Visit Folsom State Prison Inmates
Follow these five points to arrange a visit.
- Vaccinated with proof.
- Negative COVID test 72 hours before the visit.
- Schedule a visit.
- Go through verification.
- Meet in video or in-person.
At the time of writing, California prisons are keenly focused on COVID-safe visitations. For this reason, only vaccinated visitors and inmates will be allowed to meet in person for pre-scheduled visitations. Otherwise, video visitation may be facilitated by Folsom to allow for risk-free time with friends and family.
How to Share Phone Calls with Folsom Prisoners
Prisoners in Folsom State Prison can't be called, but they can call you. California has partnered with GTL, a prepaid phone plan allowing prisoners to use a prepaid account during permitted telephone hours. You can access/create your friend's account on GTL to provide funds for future phone calls.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones Via DoNotPay
Why is it so hard to get in touch with inmates inside Folsom State Prison? The high level of rules regarding inmate communications often gets in between loving family and supportive friends. Whether you want to send letters to act as a pen-pal for your inmate friend or schedule visitation, DoNotPay can help make this difficult time more approachable.
- Quick inmate search for ID and location.
- Guaranteed letter delivery every time.
- Inbox for trading letters through an online platform.
Let us help you get in touch and stay in touch with those you love inside Folsom State Prison. We will make sure you can build a complete inmate address with an ID and housing unit so mail reaches your friend every time.
If you upload your letters, we'll make sure they are addressed and stamped perfectly in compliance with prison requirements. If you want an online inbox for communications, we'll act as the return address and scan returning mail into a digital inbox that you can check.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Just follow these easy steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is here to make your life easier. We can do more than just connect you with an inmate in Folsom State Prison. We can clear up parking tickets, find lost items, sue for damages, and help you get no-cost free trials, too. Here are just a few more helpful ways we can save you time and headaches this year.
- Schedule a DMV appointment
- Signing up for services without a phone
- Applying for clinical trials
- Lawsuits in small claims court
- Avoiding text spam
- Delayed and canceled flight refunds
- Manage credit cards
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Sign up for free trials without paying
- Copyright infringement
- Deal with problematic bills
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Refunds and chargebacks
- Stop robocalls
- Fast and Easy Customer Services
- Parking tickets
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Stop spam email
DoNotPay is here to help. Let us help you stay in touch with your incarcerated loved ones with a quick and easy online system.