How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Florida
A birth certificate is one of the most vital documents that one must have. The certificate is required when making numerous government applications or for identification purposes. However, if you misplace or need extra copies of the certificate, it can be a gamble to get one.
Ordering a copy of your birth certificate in Florida involves filling out a request form, then printing and mailing it together with your government-issued I.D. to the vital state records. You can use DoNotPay to easily get a copy of your birth certificate in Florida. The platform helps you quickly create a completed request form and send it to the state records office with your authorization.
Who Can Get a Copy Of a Birth Certificate in Florida?
The state considers birth certificates less than 100 years old private and may only be obtained by:
- Parent (s) on the birth record.
- Registrant if 18 years and above.
- Legal guardian. Must show guardianship documents.
- By court order.
- If the registrant dies, the loved ones can acquire their birth certificate using the registrant's death records.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Florida?
It will cost you $15.00 to get a copy of your birth certificate in Florida. You will pay $10.00 if you need an additional document or a rush order. The payment methods for walk-in customers include:
- Cashier's Check
- Major Credit Cards
The office does not accept credit cards after 4:30 pm.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Florida?
An order for computer-generated birth certificates takes 3-5 days to be processed. It may also take a few days to ship the certificate from the agency's office to your location. Photocopy-generated copies may take more time to be process.
If you urgently need a copy of a birth certificate, you can make a "Rush" order. These types of orders will cost you an additional $10 fee. Ensure to indicate that it is a rush order on the outside of your envelope.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Florida?
The essential documents to get a copy of a birth certificate in Florida include:
- Valid photo identification. Some of the documents you can present for identification include a driver's license, government-issued I.D., and Military ID.
- The birth certificate application form.
- Your name.
- Date of birth or date of death.
- County of birth.
- Parent (s) full names.
- Maiden's full name.
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Florida on Your Own
You can get a copy of a birth certificate in Florida through the following main ways:
|In-person||You can obtain the certificate by visiting the Florida Department of Health. Find a location near you, and remember to bring all your supporting documents and the correct fees. The offices are open Monday- Friday from 8:00 am to 4: 45 pm.|
|Request a birth certificate from the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics||Another way to get your birth certificate is by visiting the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics, located at 1217 N Pearl Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. They are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Remember to carry all your identification documents and payment form.
You can also order a birth certificate from the office via mail. In this method, you will be required to download and complete the forms you need and mail them to the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042.
|Request a birth certificate in Florida online||For your convenience, you can decide to order a birth certificate using DoNotPay. Our online robot helps you generate request copies of certified birth certificates for you and your loved one.|
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate Instantly in Florida with the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Florida but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
1. Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
2. Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
3. Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
4. Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
5. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
6. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
7. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
8. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate in Florida
There are multiple benefits associated with using DoNotPay to order a copy of a birth certificate. You can easily access our platform from your typical browser; this saves you time and money. The application has a user-friendly interface, making it easy and quick to complete your application at any time. Sign up today to learn more about our services!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay can do much more when it comes to accessing birth certificates. As the world's first robot lawyer, it can also: