How to Get a Fifth Third Bank Lien Release
Fifth Third Bank is one of the largest banks in the United States. As such, they are one of the leading providers of car loans. While the bank is pretty good at automatically removing liens on cars that are fully paid for, sometimes the paperwork falls through the cracks. These customers are left wondering .
If you have fully paid off your car and the lien has yet to be removed, fret not. DoNotPay can help with our "Remove a Lien" product. Or if you prefer, you can follow our how-to guide below.
Where Can I Find Information on My Fifth Third Bank Lien?
- After you have made your last car payment, you should receive a letter from Fifth Third Bank that the lien has been removed.
- These letters can take time to receive. But if it has been 60 days since your final car payment, it may take some investigating to ensure that the lien has been removed.
- Sometimes, the lien may have been removed, but the notification of removal fails to reach your mailbox.
- To verify the title and lien status of your car, you will need to get in touch with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Most states allow you to check title and lien status online. All you have to do is provide the car's VIN, and the DMV can provide you with its lien status.
- If your car has been paid in full for more than 60 days and the lien is still showing on the car title, then you will need to get in touch with Fifth Third Bank to
How to Remove a Fifth Third Bank Lien
If Fifth Third Bank has left the lien on your car in error, then you will have to contact them to get the issue resolved.
Unfortunately, Fifth Third Bank does not have a dedicated customer service line for lien problems. You will need to call their general customer service line at 1-800-972-3030. They are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Before calling, make sure you have the following information handy: the car's VIN, the car's make, model, and year, the state where the vehicle was last titled, and the name of the owner as it appears on the title.
In most cases, the customer service representative will be able to resolve the issue and get the lien released on all fully paid vehicles.
|If Fifth Third’s lien IS recorded on the title and you are NOT in one of the following states
(Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New York, and Oklahoma) please mail your title to
|Fifth Third Bank
5001 Kingsley Drive
Cincinnati OH 45227
|If Fifth Third’s lien is NOT recorded on the title,||Fifth Third Bank
5001 Kingsley Drive
Cincinnati OH 45227
Can I Sell My Car If There Is a Lien on It?
- For private sales, the answer is usually no. Just about every jurisdiction requires that your car be paid in full before it can be sold to a private buyer. You may be able to find a loophole, but it will take a good amount of diligence and know-how.
- Selling your car back to a dealership will be easier if there is still a lien on it. Most dealerships have working relationships with major creditors such as Fifth Third Bank. This makes the transfer of debt and ownership more feasible.
- Check out our full guide on selling a car with a lien for more information
Problems Trying to Get Your Fifth Third Bank Lien Removed on Your Own
- The only avenue for recourse with Fifth Third Bank is their customer service number.
- If you are busy during the hours of operation of the customer service line, then it may be incredibly difficult to get your title issues cleared up.
- Fifth Third Bank typically doesn't have long wait times on their phone. But if you have limited availability to call them, even a 20-minute wait can be too long.
- DoNotPay can help by drafting an official lien removal request letter.
How to Get Your Fifth Third Bank Lien Removed With DoNotPay
Instead of dealing with the hassle of trying to get your on your own, DoNotPay can create a lien removal request letter on your behalf. Follow these three easy steps to get started
- Search for remove my lien on DoNotPay.
- Start our Remove My Lien product.
- Answer some questions about your specific lien and let us help you craft a letter to your creditor to resolve the issue.
Hit submit and that's it! We will submit the lien removal letter on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
There are hundreds of other ways you can use DoNotPay. Some have to do with liens and credit, but there are countless other things to do with the app.
Additional lien services
- How to remove a lien on a property
- How to fill out a lien release form
- How to remove a state tax lien from public record
- Is there a lien on my house?
- Tax liens and credit report
- What is a lien release on a car?
- How do I find out if I have a lien against me?
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Credit cards
- Tourist Visa
- Find lost items
- Tips on working with customer service
- Medical records release form
- Waive College Fees
- Find Lost Airport Items
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Electronic health records
- Free Fast Food
to DoNotPay today.