All About Fetlife's Terms of Service
Fetlife is an adult social media platform where like-minded people can find friends and explore without judgment or ridicule. The Fetlife Terms Of Service Statement seeks to protect the site's creators from liability due to members’ misuse of the site. Violating the terms of service can result in the removal of the member's profile. But what if the Terms of Service violate your rights as a consumer? Where would you report that? This article will analyze the Terms Of Service of Fetlife, identify terms you should pay special attention to, and identify the steps you should take to find Terms of Service violations. Then we introduce you to and its vast range of products for handling this task and an array of others on your behalf.
Fetlife Terms of Service
The Fetlife community is a social media platform like Facebook, intended for a particular audience. The community is free for anyone over 18 to join, but it is not recommended for those who are easily offended or overly judgemental. Exploration, self-discovery, and meeting like-minded individuals are the most common reasons for becoming a member. The aim to protect the site's creators and members and to lay out rules and guidelines for using the social platform. Fetlife posted the most recent revision of the terms of service on April 8, 2018.
Important Terms and Conditions
Here are a few of the important terms and conditions listed.
- A hold harmless clause protects Fetlife and its employees from any claims and expenses.
- All the information provided must be true, accurate, current, and complete.
- Fetlife reserves the right to use and re-use any registration and personal information provided.
What Information Does Fetlife Collect?
The information that Fetlife collects from members includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Name - identification
- Email - for communications
- Mobile number - for verification
- Date of birth - for age verification
- IP address - the IP address of your computer
- Browser type - what browser you are using
- Language preference - The language you prefer to use
- The page requested - what page you visit while on the site
- Actions Taken - what actions you took while visiting
- Date and time - when you visit the site
What Happens if Terms of Service Are Violated?
Use of any Fetlife products or services indicates acceptance of the terms of service. Failure to comply with the terms of service will result in the member account being terminated. Fetlife will seek all legal actions against the member. Fetlife also reserves the right to terminate a user any time for any reason or no reason at all.
What to Do if You Get Banned From Fetlife
If you get banned from Fetlife, it usually lasts a specified amount of time, but it can be forever. If you have been banned on Fetlife or any other site, the Banned Accounts product from DoNotPay can help you resolve that issue quickly, easily, and successfully.
Fetlife Arbitration Clause
The arbitration clause for Fetlife states that the site voluntarily complies with United States regulations but that the site is based in Canada and is subject to the laws and regulations of British Columbia. All controversies and claims must be handled through binding arbitration. The terms further indicate that arbitration must be conducted individually, not as a group.
How to Analyze Any Terms of Service on Your Own
It has been reported that 97% of people admit that they rarely, if ever, read the terms of service. Most just agree. This is because the terms of service are always long, wordy, confusing, or complex. The terms of service are also legally binding and may contain terms and conditions you do not expect. Nobody has time to read a mile-long statement of terms and conditions, but here are some things that you should pay particular attention to when scanning them.
- What information is collected?
- How is the collected information used?
- Is the information shared with a third party?
- Are you able to opt out?
- What is the arbitration policy?
- Are you allowed to take legal action against the site?
- What waivers or releases are listed within the terms of service?
- Pay particular attention to statements made in ALL CAPS.
Red Flag Within Fetlife Terms of Service
One of the major red flags within the terms of service listed by Fetlife is that the use of any product or service indicates acceptance of the terms. Members may not even be presented with the terms of service, but they accept them, and that acceptance is legally binding.
Analyze Fetlife Terms of Service Using DoNotPay
Reading through all of the terms of service is time-consuming. The terms are often full of legal statements that may be tricky to understand. That is why DoNotPay hopes to simplify the terms of service analysis for you.
How to analyze terms and services using DoNotPay:
If you want to analyze terms and services but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
Analyze any company's terms of service for violations and potential compensation:
Why Use DoNotPay to Analyze Fetlife Terms of Service
Do not let terms of service violations continue unchecked. Let DoNotPay find terms of service violations on your behalf. The Analyze Terms of Service product will write a letter demanding that the violation be resolved. If the site refuses to comply, you may have to resolve the issue in small claims court.
How to Sue for Terms of Service Violations
With the Small Claims Court product, you may be able to receive compensation due to the terms of service violations if the site refuses to fix the issue. DoNotPay can handle any small claims case on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
This article highlights a few ways that DoNotPay offers that will save you time and money. Explore some of the other product series offered by DoNotPay and find out how you can save even more.