How to Pursue An Express Scripts Lawsuit
Express Scripts is a pharmaceutical benefit management (PBM) organization in the United States. The term “scripts” refers to a widely-used clipped version of prescription. Express Scripts offers pharmacy benefit management services for workers’ compensation insurance programs.
In sum, the company processes pharmaceutical claims for members through a network of retail pharmacies. It dispenses medications for chronic and long-term diseases, through home delivery. Annually, Express Scripts earned US$4.517 billion but is not immune to its share of controversy.
Express Scripts has been accused of fraud, information breaches, and failing to reimburse paying customers. If you’ve incurred any damages as a result of Express Scripts, you may be entitled to compensation. Find out how to file a Small Claims Suit below, and discover how streamlines this process.
Can You Sue Express Scripts?
The short answer is yes! Below, find out why people choose to sue Express Scripts:
- Fraud: This includes keeping rebates from paying customers and states.
- Information Breaches: Records of customers were released, alleging that Express Scripts leaked customer information for money.
- Price Gouging: Express Scripts has been accused of price gouging, selling relatively cheap drugs for over five times the price paid.
- Delivering Incorrect Medication: In the past, vulnerable citizens have been delivered the wrong medication, causing them to overdose.
- Failing to Deliver: Due to shortages, consumers sometimes can’t obtain their medication in a timely matter, incurring health-related damages.
What to Consider Before You Sue?
Before you sue, consider the following. If these three conditions apply to your case, you are likely going to be successful in filing your legal case before a small claims court. If not, it is unlikely your case will go forward.
- Are there any alternatives? Before suing, you can consider other options:
- Do you have sufficient evidence to validate your claim? This includes but is not limited to:
- Record of payments
- Summary of events
- Reasons for entitlement
- How much will this cost? Cost is an important factor to consider — often, small claims with legal representation are expensive and have a greater cost than the payoff of winning a lawsuit.
Suing Express Scripts in Small Claims Court
Below, find the steps on how to sue Express Scripts in Small Claims Court. Keep in mind that every Small Claims Court varies from state to state and that local regulations are most important when considering the validity and legitimacy of your case.
|Send a Demand Letter||First, send a letter detailing the following:
When this is completed, mail it to:
4600 North Hanley Road, St. Louis
|Fill Out Court Forms||Fill out your state-specific paperwork and any additional forms that might be requested by the county in which the incident took place. Most court forms are free of charge on the court’s website;
|File A Complaint With The Court||
|“Serve” Express Scripts||
|Go To Court||Show up to relevant court dates, keep track of filed forms and maintain records of evidence to support your claim.|
How to Sue Express Scripts With DoNotPay?
Although it appears simple, suing Express Scripts as an individual consumer might not be the best option, concerning time and money. It is extremely difficult for an average civilian to balance the costs of filing a lawsuit with legal representation and the huge possibility that their lawsuit will not win in court without.
As a solution to this issue, DoNotPay provides an automated lawsuit generator that makes suing easy! All you need to do is:
- Log on to DoNotPay on any web browser and select “Sue Now”
- Enter the dollar amount that you are owed (this could be lost wages or even adequate compensation to cover injuries and medical bills)
- Select whether you’d like to receive a demand letter or court filing forms
- Describe your reason for filing the lawsuit, and submit any additional details (including your photo evidence)
That’s all! DoNotPay will generate a demand letter or court filing forms for you, and a copy of your demand letter will be mailed to Express Scripts on your behalf!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
With , the process of suing Express Scripts is covered in an instant! Check out some of the other companies DoNotPay has been helping thousands of its users sue: