All About The Everglades Correctional Institution
Within Dade County, the Florida Department of Corrections operates the Everglades Correctional Institution in Miami. With more than 1,700 inmates, the facility serves an adult male population. Opened in 1995, this location offers well over 60 types of programs to improve the lives of inmates in areas that include substance abuse, chaplaincy, and academics.
However, keeping in touch with inmates in such a facility can be frustratingly difficult – keep in mind that DoNotPay offers a fast, easy way to handle the details for you.
Where Is Everglades Correctional Institution and How Can I Reach It?
|Facility Address||Everglades Correctional Institution
1599 S.W. 187th Avenue
|Re-Entry Center||(305) 480-4400|
|General Email||Everglades Correctional Institution|
- Follow the Turnpike extension until you reach Southwest 8th Street (SR-41)
- Go west on SR-41 to 187th Avenue, just beyond Krome Avenue
- Make a left turn on 187th and find the facility in roughly half a mile
How May I Visit an Inmate Here?
You may visit an inmate between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, subject to certain rules and restrictions.
- Fill out the visitation form
- Mail it to the address listed on the form
- DO NOT attempt to visit the inmate until you have been approved for visitation
Consult the Visitation Page or contact the facility for visitation rules.
May I Write to My Incarcerated Friend or Loved One?
You can mail written letters to an offender via U.S. Postal Service mail. You may NOT use boxes, plastic bags, padded envelopes, or certain other types of packaging. Refer to Inmate Mail rules for more details.
Address the letter using the offender's committed name, DC Number, and facility address.
May an Inmate Call Me?
Florida State prison inmates are not permitted to receive phone calls, yet they may place calls following specific procedures. They may only call approved numbers and must use the inmate telephone system.
I Wish I Could Email My Loved One
It is possible to contact an inmate via email. While offenders do not have direct access to the internet, they and their friends or loved ones may use the JPay Email service for communication.
Those who wish to send emails to inmates must purchase "stamps" to be used on the email website at the cost of 39 cents each. This is cheaper than postage stamps and helps cover the cost of monitoring email communications.
Is There an Easier Way to Stay in Touch With Everglades Correctional Institution Inmates?
Connecting with these inmates can be tricky and complex. A great alternative is DoNotPay. Our product can simplify the entire process, and we are confident you will find it to be:
- Quick - You will not need to spend hours attempting to solve this problem
- Easy - No struggling to fill out long, tedious forms or keep track of multiple steps
- Successful - You may rest assured we will make the best case for you
Use DoNotPay to Locate or Communicate with an Incarcerated Loved One or Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Refer to these related articles about problems for which we can provide help:
- Contact Prison Pen Pals
- Address a letter to an inmate
- Writing letters to inmates
- Write to an inmate
- Inmate visitation
DoNotPay can give you an easy, automated way to help with a wide list of problems. We offer many additional products to help simplify your life, including (but not limited to):
- Move higher in phone queue during customer service rep call
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Strike back against robocalls
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Contacting your incarcerated loved ones
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Sign up for risk-free trials at no cost
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
Our products can supply you with easy, automated ways to deal with the difficulties of connecting with inmates, and they can certainly help with other tedious and annoying tasks we encounter in life. Let us help!