Contact and Visit Loved Ones at Englewood Federal Correctional Institution
If you have a friend or loved one in prison, you know how important communication is to everyone involved. Englewood Federal Correctional Institution, commonly known as FCI Englewood, allows in-person visits, phone calls, and mail correspondence between inmates and their loved ones. There are, however, a lot of rules and regulations that need to be followed.
Understanding the process for inmate correspondence can be confusing, and learning how to write to an inmate and correctly address a letter can be frustrating. Luckily there is a way to easily make sure you are following all the rules so that you and your desired inmate have stress-free contact. Use DoNotPay.
Where is FCI Englewood Located, and What is The Contact Information?
An essential step to contacting an inmate is having the correct contact information and knowing a facility's location. This will also help you if you need to contact administration or personnel at the institution.
|Physical Address||9595 West Quincy Avenue, Littleton, CO 80123|
How to Visit an Inmate at Englewood
Inmates at FCI Englewood are allowed visitation, but some steps need to be taken and rules that should be followed.
- Make sure you are on the visitor list. There will be an Immediate family list. All other visitors must submit a Visitor Information form to the Correctional Counselor. Visitors will be subject to a background check before visitation is granted.
- Visiting hours are 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm on Mondays and Fridays.
- Visiting hours on weekends and holidays are 8:30 am to 9:45 am and 11:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Inmates are allowed 40 points towards visits a month. Weekday visits are one point an hour. Weekend visits are two points an hour. Federal and religious holidays do not count toward point allotments.
Inmate Phone Privileges
Maintaining contact with an inmate via phone is always an option at FCI Englewood, but there are a few rules to follow.
- Inmates must pay for each phone call via a debit system.
- Phone calls, except approved legal counsel conversations, are monitored.
- Phone hours are between 6 am and 11 pm.
How to Contact an Inmate Via Letters
Mail is a popular way to contact inmates, whether you are a friend or prison pen-pal. Although common, it is critical to follow protocol for inmate mail, whether it is a letter or package.
Who Can Contact an Inmate?
Different people might wish to contact an inmate, and the regulations vary depending on the relationship.
- General Mail: A mailroom officer will inspect all general mail before the inmate receives it.
- Special Mail: Legal counsel and government officials fall under a special mail category. This category of mail will be opened in the presence of the inmate to ensure there is no contraband.
- Inmate to Inmate Mail: Inmates from another institution may only write an FCI Englewood inmate if they are immediate family members or co-defendants, and the Chaplain has approved it.
Can You Send an Inmate Packages?
The inmates at Englewood are limited to a list of specific packages that they can receive.
- release clothing
- religious articles
- educational materials
How to Address an Envelope to an Inmate
The envelope must follow the correct format for your inmate to receive your mail.
Inmate Name and Registration Number
Federal Correctional Institution
9595 West Quincy Avenue
Littleton, CO 8012
How to Send Money to an Inmate at FCI Englewood
While in prison, inmates might desire money to cover items from the commissary or postage. There are specific methods and steps to ensure the desired inmate receives the money. Money can be sent via MoneyGram, Western Union, and the U.S. Postal Service. Only money orders are accepted via the postal service, and the steps for all methods are similar.
- Locate the physical location of the inmate.
- Obtain all relevant information, including the inmate's account number.
- MoneyGram and Western Union can be sent electronically or in stores.
- Mailed money orders must be sent to the central processing location at Post Office Box 474701 Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001.
H2: DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Figuring out all the information regarding your inmate and the steps necessary to reach them is complicated, time-consuming, and confusing. Luckily DoNotPay is here to help, and they take all the research time and guesswork out of staying in touch with their feature, Connect With an Inmate.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
You can contact an inmate on your own, but DoNotPay ensures you will do so successfully. Best of all, it is simple, fast, and stress-free.
DoNotPay Works Across Different Issues
DoNotPay works across various issues with different companies or entities at the click of your mouse.
You do not need to break your back trying to contact companies or get through red tape bureaucracy in government institutions. All you need to do is give us the details of the issue, and we problem do the rest.
Here are some other matters DoNotPay can help you out with.
- Appeal Banned Account
- Connect With Inmates
- Tourist Visas
- Do a Sex Offender Search
- Notarize a Document
- Government Tests
- Find Unclaimed Money
- Divorce Settlement Agreement
- Get Help With Bills