Smart Hacks That'll Get Your Emirates Extra Baggage Fees Waived
Are you planning an international flight on Emirates? can sneak up on you, so be sure to plan ahead if you want to save money while leaving room in your luggage to bring home souvenirs and gifts.
Let's go over some tips for trimming down baggage fees—or eliminating them altogether, with the help of your very own airline advocate, DoNotPay!
How Much Does Emirates Charge for Extra Baggage
The international airline according to the number of luggage pieces or the weight of the luggage, on a case-by-case basis. This allows them to be flexible, and for their system to adapt to all types of flights.
Following are prices in U.S. dollars for additional baggage pieces as charged on flights originating in the Americas (excluding Canada, and current as of 12/21):
TABLE: From The Americas To:
To the Middle East/South Asia
Australia or New Zealand
Within the Americas
How to Save On or Avoid Extra Emirates Baggage Fees On Your Own
There are five ways you can avoid extra baggage fees when you're flying Emirates:
- Purchase additional baggage allowances by piece or additional weights (measured in kilograms) from Emirates in advance, not at the airport; you can save up to 60% of the airport fee.
- Distribute additional baggage among your traveling companions (note, you cannot assign extra baggage to infant passengers).
- Upgrade your rewards club (Skywards) tier from blue to silver, gold, or platinum and get free baggage waivers.
- Appeal directly to Emirates to have the airline waive some or all of your extra baggage fees
- Skip ahead, and learn how DoNotPay can take care of your baggage fees for you!
How to Contact Emirates to Request They Waive Extra Baggage Fees
If you didn't negotiate your extra baggage waiver at the time of your flight booking, you will have extreme difficulty finding the right contact information after the fact.
|Live Chat||Down for repairs as of 12/18/21|
- Understand Emirates' Policies in Detail: First, you should read up on topics relating to Emirates baggage policies here. Most help queries on the Emirates page will send you there anyway.
- Call Emirates' Customer Service number: Be very clear that you want to learn your options for having your Emirates extra baggage fees waived or reduced, without joining or upgrading a rewards program. If the customer service agent can't help you, ask for the name, phone number, e-mail address, or mailing address of the person who can.
- Contact the supervisor to whom you were referred: reach out to the supervisor by mail, email, or phone and explain again what you are asking for. They may have questions for you, such as:
- Is the extra baggage necessary for health reasons?
- Are you on a bereavement flight?
- Are you traveling as a consulate?
You might have great difficulty convincing Emirates that you are entitled to free luggage upgrades or waived luggage fees if you do it on your own. Emirates has to accommodate paying passengers first, and each plane has a definite limit to the amount of weight it can carry.
Let DoNotPay Request an Emirates Extra Baggage Fees Waiver For You
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal airline baggage fees without waiting on hold, hunting down Emirates travel offices, or just plain giving up:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
And you're done! Unless you want to make reservation changes, get airline refunds, or find lost baggage, in which case DoNotPay's Airline Service products can help!
Can DoNotPay Save Me Money With Other Airlines and Businesses?
These are the extra charges DoNotPay can help you fight:
|eBay fees||Coinbase fees|
|Robinhood fees||Paypal seller fees|
|Spirit Airlines baggage fees||American Airlines baggage fees|
|Chase Bank checking account fees||Etsy fees|
|Homeowners Association (HOA) fees||Shopify fees|
Why Choose DoNotPay To Handle Emirates Extra Baggage Fees?
Because we can do in minutes what would take you hours. What's more, we have a high success rate for securing upgrades and waivers with major airlines, and we're confident we can get rid of your baggage fees!
If you like what we do, you'll love all the other products we have that are designed specifically for travelers!