The Easiest Way to Get El Paso County Marriage Certificates
A marriage certificate is a vital document that proves you are legally married to your spouse, and it records the date, time, and place of your wedding. If you need an but don't know where to start, DoNotPay is here to help.
DoNotPay can help you obtain copies of certified, US government-issued marriage certificates from your laptop to prove your marriage, obtain Visas, permits, financial benefits, etc. Through our Certificates of Marriage product, you can digitally apply and request certified copies straight from your laptop.
Where Can I Get a Marriage License in El Paso County?
El Paso County Clerk's Northeast and Ysleta Annex offices are open on a walk-in basis to issue a marriage license. You can visit the offices from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through to Friday. You can also schedule an appointment online at their Downtown office or leverage the online marriage application platform to apply for the license.
What Are the Basic Requirements for a Marriage License?
The following are the crucial requirements for a marriage license in El Paso County:
- Both parties must have valid, government-issued picture identification. This may include a driver's license, military ID, passport, or state ID.
- Parties should know social security numbers.
- Both parties should be at least 18 years of age
- Both parties must appear in person
Is There a Waiting Period for the Wedding Once a License Is Issued?
Yes. There is a 3 day waiting period once the marriage license is issued before a marriage ceremony can occur. However, the waiting period can be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a member of the US army and on active duty.
- You obtain a 72-hour waiver signed by a District Judge.
- You have a valid Twogether in Texas Certificate
Does the El Paso Marriage License Expire?
El Paso's marriage license expires within 90 days. This means you must conduct your wedding within this specified time frame.
How Much Is the El Paso Marriage License?
Here are the fees:
|Formal marriage license||$47|
|Certified marriage license copy||$7 per copy|
|Affidavit for marriage correction||$18|
You can pay these fees via cash, credit or debit card, money order, or check.
Is There a Blood Test Requirement Before One Is Allowed to Marry?
There are no blood test requirements for marriages in the state of Colorado.
Do I Need Witnesses During My Wedding Ceremony?
By law, witnesses are not required in Colorado. However, some clergy, judges, and public officials can request that you come with two witnesses.
Prohibited Marriages In El Paso County
Marriage licenses cannot be issued for any of the following:
- If one party is still married to another person
- Marriage between people with blood relations
- Marriage license applications that are issued by another state are not valid for solemnization in Colorado
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in El Paso County
Here is a step-by-step guide to getting your marriage license and marriage certificate in El Paso county:
- Set a place and date for your wedding
- Engage the county clerk for a marriage license. Bring along all the requirements for the license.
- Obtain signatures from your officiant and witnesses. The signatures can be appended before, after, or during the wedding ceremony.
- The officiant will turn in the completed license to the county either in person or by mail.
- Your marriage certificate is issued by the county.
How to Order a Marriage Certificate Copy in El Paso County With DoNotPay
The DIY method to get a marriage certificate in El Paso is long and tedious. DoNotPay can take this burden away from you.
Follow the seven easy steps below to get a marriage certificate:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- Next, you can notarize your document by scheduling a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Can Help
Marriage marks a significant change in your life. You can enjoy the full benefits of marriage only when you have a marriage certificate. DoNotPay is committed to helping you avoid the lengthy process of obtaining an .
Join us today to learn more.