How to Get El Dorado County Building Permits
Getting a building permit in El Dorado County can be complicated, but it shouldn't be. It should be easy to build on your property, but it can be confusing to determine how to get a building permit with all the paperwork.
And it's not just El Dorado County; Florida can be just as bad; from Palm Beach to Sarasota, getting a building permit can be a nightmare. It's even worse in big cities like Los Angeles and Chicago when it really shouldn't be so complicated at all.
This guide will talk about when you need an , how to get a building permit yourself, and why you should rely on DoNotPay to make getting a permit in no time.
When Is a Building Permit Necessary in El Dorado County?
The CA Building Code requires a building permit for any structure greater than 120 square feet in floor area. Zoning setbacks are still required for all structures, even if no building permit is required.
How to Get a Building Permit in El Dorado County
- Building Services permit application requires the following:
- Complete the three-part application and sign where applicable (signature must be verified by office personnel). For example, if you are applying as an owner-builder, you must be the owner of the record and complete part four of the multi-part application. If property ownership was recently changed, a copy of the grant deed might be required at the time of application.
- When the owner or licensed contractor is applying for the permit, the second half of part four of the form must be completed, giving authority to sign as the owner's agent.
- An owner or their agent must sign a Deed Restriction Certificate declaring conformance with any applicable deed restrictions and/or CC&R's for the subject property.
- If the property is within the architecturally controlled area of El Dorado Hills CSD or Cameron Park CSD, architectural approval of the plans from the district before permit issuance is a requirement. Failure to obtain permission may delay the issuance of your permit.
- Check with your association for any restrictions that may affect your construction, even though Building Services does not enforce these restrictions.
- Contractors acting as agents for the owner must have a current active California state contractors license, worker's compensation coverage, and a current El Dorado County Business License.
- When served by a public water/sewer district other than El Dorado Irrigation District, you must submit proof of service from the district before permit issuance. When serviced by EID, they will review your project and approve it electronically.
- When not served by public water/sewer, you must submit the perc test, septic design, and well production report to the Environmental Management Department. This may only be submitted with or after the building permit application.
- A bear-resistant garbage enclosure will be required if your parcel is located at or above the 4000-foot elevation. Contact Environmental Management for additional information.
- An Encroachment permit is needed if you are connecting your new driveway to a County-maintained road. See the county Fire Safe Regulations for driveway information.
There are problems with all these solutions. First, there are so many scenarios in the permit process it can be challenging to figure out precisely what you need to do to get a permit.
Further, you may not have time to go to the office in person, especially since they're only open Mondays through Fridays. Finally, once you figure out how to apply, there are all the fees, and the building permit request form is long and confusing.
DoNotPay makes it easy to get a permit for what you are building and fills the application out for you with just a bit of information.
What Fees Are Associated With Getting a Permit?
For all the fees involved in getting an , click here.
How to Get a Building Permit in El Dorado County With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay takes the pain out of applying for a building permit. We'll find the exact rules of the area of El Dorado County, fill out the application form, and get you the lowest possible processing fee.
How to apply for a Building Permit Fast in El Dorado County with DoNotPay :
If you want to apply for a building permit fast in El Dorado County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and the timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Building Permit in El Dorado County
Using DoNotPay takes all the hassle out of getting your building permit.
|Fast||It'd take you hours to determine the fee structure and fill out the application form. DoNotPay will have it done in no time.|
|Easy||You don't have to worry about making a trip to the building department. DoNotPay deals with them for you.|
|Successful||DoNotPay has helped thousands of people get their building permits, and we can help you too.|
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay doesn't just help you get your building permit; it can help with other things, including:
- DoNotPay can help recover Spotify account passwords the same way with Amazon, eBay, or Steam.
- Or it can help you get your birth certificate in Kentucky the same way it could for California.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Write standard legal documents
- Notarize any document
- Reduce your property taxes
- File insurance claims.
Why struggle to get a building permit? Use DoNotPay today!